Verna Fluidic Coolant \ Radiator Leakage Problem !

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hii guys. i have a 3 years old verna petrol covered 23000 kms.

on sunday i found splashes of coolant on my front grill and also saw some coolant leakage underneath.

car was overheating as well , so went to bosch to get it checked. mechanic filled the water into the radiator cap and told me to check if problem persists or not.

coolant was leaking from the overflow hole that i have marked in the picture.

IMG_20150503_144848.jpg

IMG_20150503_145800.jpg

didn't have problem in 3 days because used to travel 15kms daily.

today went around 25 kms and faced the problem again. car overheated and coolant started leaking. filled the water in the cap after cooling down. had to go back the same way and after 22 kms again car started overheating and i had to stop and again i filled it with water.

IMG_20150507_173402.jpg

IMG_20150507_174444.jpg

IMG-20150507-WA0030.jpg

now both the times the coolant leaked from a different place. since everything was concealed i wasn't sure from where the coolant is leaking. but i have uploaded some pics , maybe you can identify.

IMG_20150507_191120.jpg

IMG_20150507_191125.jpg

IMG_20150507_191133.jpg

IMG_20150507_191140.jpg

IMG_20150507_193447.jpg

IMG_20150507_193451.jpg

. went to a local mechanic and he said that something has gone kaput and that's why the water is leaking. went to office , waited an hour, again filled with water , started the engine and noticed water starts leaking as soon as the engine fan starts

and i observed a thing that the water doesn't leaks if the car is stand still. i thought if something is broke the leakage must be continuous.

in the pic water starts leaking as soon as i switched off the car. my home was 10 kms so stopped to fill water just as a precaution.

IMG-20150507-WA0032.jpg

have uploaded a video as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tmIdgv1zJY&feature=youtu.be

as soon as i turn off the car water starts dripping and no it's not the AC water.

will go to bosch or hyundai tomorrow but would like to know before hand what could be the problem.

one more thing , the coolant reservoir has some coolant left , green color but the leakage is normal water. so maybe the coolant is not circulating from the reservoir

Thread Starter #2

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Radiator had a leak , got it replaced for 3250rs. 500rs labor from bosch. Will see the temperature bars for 2 days and then will get the coolant filled.

Thread Starter #4

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Wow! Glad nothing bad happened to the car. And did you change the complete radiator assembly for 3.2k!
Will have to observe for a few days. If it overheats again then something else is the issue.

And yes changed the whole assembly. Hyundai genuine bought from hyundai distributor.

My diesel Verna had similar issue where the coolant started leaking from beneath the radiator and it was replaced free of cost at ASC as there was no visible damage

Thread Starter #7

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Check for levels also every alternate days,as a new assmbly always consume more of the consummables.
I will check the level tomorrow morning. The owner at bosch told me 200-250ml refilling is fine but if it takes more than a liter then they have to check more things. And i feel because of the overheating the radiator got leaked although mechanic said that the fan assembly was hitting the radiator that caused the leak.

On sunday after filling water car worked fine for 60kms so i hope it water level doesn't go down again.

My diesel Verna had similar issue where the coolant started leaking from beneath the radiator and it was replaced free of cost at ASC as there was no visible damage
Car's out of warranty and didn't want to go to sc just because they won't let me see the car.

Had they checked the water pump,which is the main culprit in case of coolant leak.I think once you must check that too.Radiator leak is not the true culprit . That happened because of something happened earlier.Did you replace the radiator? Did they showed you where exactly the radiator was leaking?

Thread Starter #10

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ general max - i too said the same to the mechanic that the problem caused it to leak and yes there was a hole in the radiator.

And they also removed the thermostat valve , they said it's not letting the water pass.
Check the pics.

Also i just checked the water level. I didn't put any coolant in the car , some was left inside the extra coolant reservoir or maybe somewhere in the engine.

Check the radiator cap pictures , it shows freen fluid. Does that mean problem is solved ? I have driven around 50kms since the change.

Have to get coolant as well.and have uploaded the engine pics taken now , where is the water pump located ?

Attachments

Green liquid may not be the end of the issue.However, check if the engine is heating up through the temperature gauge.Have you filled coolant after all the change happened? You had not changed the radiator. So what is that you spend on 3.2 K? No replacement of the thermostat valve then how will it work?[surprise]

Thread Starter #12

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I clicked the radiator pic when they removed it. 3.2k is the cost of new radiator.
I haven't changed the coolant like i mentioned in the above reply.

I was thinking the water level has not depleted so the issue might be solved. But still check the temperature guage 2-3 times.

The temperature remains at 5 bars which is normal.

And about the thermostat , nickandre and keith over pm told me the importance of the valve.

The mechanic at bosch told me to check after removing the valve. I let them do it since it was a step to correct the issue.

If my problem is resolved so that means the thermostat might have been the issue. Will get it checked from Hyundai as well. they will have a new thermostat.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i am still confused about this.

on Sunday went to hyundai service center to ask about new coil springs for my verna. advisor went with me for a TD.

he drove over many potholes and drove for around 6-8 kms. on one pothole i heard engine knocking sound( i hope i used a correct term ) , i ignored it since it wasn't continuous.
we went back to the sc , he told springs are fine and then i saw that the car was again overheating. car engine started making click click noise.

he quickly parked the car and when we opened the bonnet the radiator cap was missing. we found it stuck somewhere.
he went to take some water , i started the car and he started filling the water. there were huge splashes and steam coming out which i guess is normal.

on the same day earlier i drove my car for 44 kms , 22 kms each side without stopping.

so now i don't know if i didn't close the radiator cap properly or if the heat cause the cap to pop out or was it because of the potholes. ? [confused]
the water stains on the hoses looked dried.

one more question , someone told me how to check if the water pump is working or not. he said to open the radiator cap , start the car and if there are bubbles or splashes , that means the waterpump is working ? it it a correct method to check ? also i don't hear any whining noise from the engine.

and when the adviosr was adding water there were huge splashes which you can see in the picture.

Attachments

Last edited:
This is gross! I think the car is being mistreated. How can the SA pour water directly to the radiator? radiator cap going of? Ask the mechanics to be careful.AFAIK,Coolant/water must be only added to the coolant container and that also with engine off,preferably after engine cooling down.All these techniques that they are using is for the old ambassador not for the new age cars.Check with the SA itself to know if the water pump is working.Good mechanics will easily know.
I don't think there is any problem now other than the radiator cap being loosely put.

Top Bottom