Maruti Wagon-R Front Left Wheel Bearing Broken

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have taken my waggy for wheel balancing and allingment to a regular olace from where i do it which is in chanakya puri, delhi.
after balancing and allingment my friend took it for a test drive, after coming back he said the tyre bearing is broken of the left one, at that time i could relate to it and took the car to home.
As there was traffic i didnt notice any wrong with the driving.

Yesterday in the morning when i was going to office on noida expressway i notice a heavy car breathing noise like (hmmmm ~ hmmmm).

i am planning to change the bearing as soon as possible.

It is safe to drive car with broken wheel bearing because i will be getting an off after 3 to 4 days , then only i can get it repaired and please let me know the cost of the bearing and labour. ( work not to be done by MASS).

Regards
Ankit

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: wagonR front left wheel bearing broken

the hmmm noise may not be realted to wheel bearing. The bearing is a important part of the front wheel. however if the wheel breaking breaks, the car can be driven on few kms only. if you keep on driving the wheel will come off.

to check the bearing, jack the car and put in neutral and try shaking the wheel, there should be no shake or minimal. if there is excessive noise or try rotating the wheel for any noises or grinding noise. Also check once or twice with MASS or a mechanic.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: wagonR front left wheel bearing broken

I have taken my waggy for wheel balancing and allingment to a regular olace from where i do it which is in chanakya puri, delhi.
after balancing and allingment my friend took it for a test drive, after coming back he said the tyre bearing is broken of the left one, at that time i could relate to it and took the car to home.
As there was traffic i didnt notice any wrong with the driving.

Tomo. in the morning when i was going to office on noida expressway i notice a heavy car breathing noice like (hmmmm ~ hmmmm).

i am planning to change the bearing as soon as possible.

It is safe to drive car with broken wheel bearing because i will be getting an off after 3 to 4 days , then only i can get it repaired and please let me know the cost of the bearing and labour. ( work not to be done by MASS).
Buddy, My tenant here has a Wagon R, I had been with him to a couple of services at my uncle's ASC in Noida. He also faced some noise issue in Wheel while driving, the issue in his car turned out to be with a rod called as controlling arm that is attached to car's frame. Do get the same checked. It could be possible that those arms need to be checked/lubricated along with bearing.

My uncle told me these go bad naturally with time and that's why you may be experiencing a noisy ride. Also I would still suggest you to go for genuine parts since its related to wheels of the car. Don't compromise on them.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
Hi member,

thanks for the advice i will be going on coming sunday to my mechnic.
plus one more thing if wheel bearing is broken or mal functioning because i think it not broken because as mentioned above it can only move some km's.

Thread Starter #5
thanks guys got it repair car back to silent mode now feel the difference.
first i went to maruti station naraina quote me bearing for Rs. 670 labour extra and service charges extra. total amount would cost around 1300 to 1400.

took the bearing from a reputed bearing shop of sk company labour charges 300 work done in 1 hour.
total cost was 470 for bearing and 300 labour.

satisfied with the work done.

Regards
Ankit

Top Bottom