Tata Indica : Problems with Turbo

Thread Starter #1
Need some help regarding my Indica Turbo problem

Hey auto friends i need your help to find out my car problems

I had Indica turbo recently car started facing some issue after running few kms(around 20+) its engines gets stops whenever sudden slows cars speed or changes to lower gears or upper gears or wantedly if i stops my engine its doesnt started again i should wait for 10 to 20mins after thats its normaly and acts like healthy car but dont know whats exact problem with my car everything was working fine like engine oil ,coolent and radiator fan all are working please give me some suggestions

Re: Tata Motor’s Cars – The Ultimate Reliability Survey

Need some help regarding my Indica Turbo problem

Hey auto friends i need your help to find out my car problems

I had Indica turbo recently car started facing some issue after running few kms(around 20+) its engines gets stops whenever sudden slows cars speed or changes to lower gears or upper gears or wantedly if i stops my engine its doesnt started again i should wait for 10 to 20mins after thats its normaly and acts like healthy car but dont know whats exact problem with my car everything was working fine like engine oil ,coolent and radiator fan all are working please give me some suggestions
get the head cleaned. Check the injectors. But first make sure that the air filter is not chocked.

Check for the "check engine" light in the dash.

Thread Starter #3

get the head cleaned. Check the injectors. But
Around one year back my car Overlauled after that i just driven 11000kms and oil change intervals still like below

after engine overhaul driven 1100kms and changed engine oil and then after driven 5500KMS and changed all filters and engine oil after that i driven till now 4500kms[;)]

first make sure that the air filter is not chocked.
what air filter is not chocked means where it is located in engine bey?

but i never faced any early morning starting problems are other if i dont start my car for week then its starts just in few seconds (single crank)

Check for the "check engine" light in the dash.
due to hurryness i never observed check engine light this time i will find out if check engine light glows then what i have to do?

Last edited:

what air filter is not chocked means where it is located in engine bey?
Just behind the LH head light. A big black box with a transparent cylinder sticking out. If it is chocked, the red indicator can be seen inside the transparent cylinder.

Also get the AC compressor actuators checked.

Thread Starter #5

Just behind the LH head light. A big black box with a transparent cylinder sticking out. If it is chocked, the red indicator can be seen inside the transparent cylinder.
if it is chocked what does it means bro what i have to do to resolve

Also get the AC compressor actuators checked.
AC working fine while driving always use AC and blower speed will be in 1 level

if it is chocked what does it means bro what i have to do to resolve

AC working fine while driving always use AC and blower speed will be in 1 level
If it is chocked, clean the filter. Simple. Or replace it if the filter is very old. Engine needs air and fuel. A chocked filter can deprive the engine of the required air and hence cause stalling in older engines (like the Indica turbo, not Quadrajets).

I've just gone through your post again, and since this problem is not there once the engine is warmed up, I think it has to do with fueling and not air. Check the fuel pump.

My indica turbo has a similar problem. It wont shut down like yours. BUT when I crank it, it idles at a very low rpm as if it'll shut down, and then in 10-15 secs its all normal 800 rpm. My mechanic says its a fuel pump issue.

Thread Starter #7

If it is chocked, clean the filter. Simple. Or replace it if the filter is very old. Engine needs air and fuel. A chocked filter can deprive the engine of the required air and hence cause stalling in older engines (like the Indica turbo, not Quadrajets).

I've just gone through your post again, and since this problem is not there once the engine is warmed up, I think it has to do with fueling and not air. Check the fuel pump.

My indica turbo has a similar problem. It wont shut down like yours. BUT when I crank it, it idles at a very low rpm as if it'll shut down, and then in 10-15 secs its all normal 800 rpm. My mechanic says its a fuel pump issue.
I observed many times my engine RPM will be at between 1000 to 1200 rpm when it is in idle conditions and if it is fuel pump issue means i have to clear the fuel pump ? or need to replace the pump[surprise] how much it will cost [roll]

Last edited:
1000 rpm is alright since you have the AC on. And 1200 rpm is on the higher side for idling. SO get it adjusted.

I dont think there are good technicians who repair the fuel pumps. So getting it replaced is better. Provided its the issue.

NOTE: BY fuel pump I mean the Delphi pump (usually found in TATA) with a plunger. You use it when there is air in the system.

Thread Starter #10
but my car already done all repairs 1year back my car engine went for complete overhaul with new parts after that i just driven 11000kms thats why im worrying how can its possible to get issues so early

Before you open the engine. i suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Clean the fuel tank and refill it.
2. check for fuses and relays. A fault relay can cause this.
3. check the fuel lines.
4. calibrate the injector.
5. check the vehicle exhaust system.

If this does not help, it could be due to a faulty crankshaft position sensor

Top Bottom