Tata Safari AC Issue

Thread Starter #1
From yesterday evening, the ac would blow cold air for s ome time and then the compressor keeps clicking between on and off start for every 1 minute or so. Alternatively when I drove it in evening and night( when the outside temp is cold(, the ac compressor works normal.

when temp is high, this thing happens. when the compressor keeps clicking, i need to switch off the ac and then switch on back after a few minutes. the same thing happens. the compressor clicking happens when at idle or low speed. when the rpm is above ex: 2k, the cooling is fine, but not cold as it would be.

Consulted Tata ASS, they said compressor needs replacement. Gurus help me out.

It might be a problem with the thermostat. I had faced this problem with my baleno. Maruti guys dhad suggested a compressor change. I took it to a local but reputed ac mechanic and all he did was change the thermostat..although I did get the filter and cooling coils cleaned up along with that. Never gave me a problem for another two years till I sold it off.

Pravin did you get the AC checked by a local but a reputed mechanic? I also feel its an issue of thermostat and not the compressor as a whole. please do update this thread after your issue gets resolved.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hey guys. I too faced this issue in santro having CNG.

Mechanic suggested to increase idle rpm and it solved the problem. I didn't know that thermostat could have been a problem. Should i get that checked ? And do you know how much will it cost ?

There is no problem with the ac but the high rpm creates engine noise when the car comes to a halt.

And one more thing i noticed. The engine heat indicator needle sometimes is bewteen the 2 dots (recommened) and sometimes it's below the dots but never goes up. Is it related to thermostat ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
The problem is due to faulty ACC relay. the relay has gone kaput. attaching the pics of the relay. most important thing is this found by my office cabbie. tata motors suggesting a compressor change [clap]. cabbie just out took the relay as the relay as heated and tosted after 2 minutes of usage. he took a wire and shorted the both ends of the circuit. the air con worked perfectly. replaced the relay working fine

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom