Hero Honda Glamour Engine Noise

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,
I came across this issue a week back. While I was driving back home on my Glamour I noticed noise coming from near the engine area. I stopped and checked and did not find anything loose or abnormal as such. I tried to start the bike using the starter, but it refused to start. So I kick started it and the sound is as it is till now.
I went to Hero Honda authorized service center in Bangalore east and they told me that its engine related work and will have to be opened and at the max it can cost 10000/- for the repairs. I would like to know if anyone has come across such issue?

The mechanic said that oil is going into some area of engine and he held his hand just close to exhaust and showed me the black deposit on his hand indicating oil leakage into somewhere in combustion area.

Re: Hero honda glamour - engine noise

Rings became weak, its not sealing properly and oil seals should have worn if oil is getting into combustion chamber.
How many kms you have done on your bike?

Thread Starter #3

My odometer has stopped working few months back. But I can confidently say that my bike has done more than 30000 kms.

Do you think that the estimate provided by ASC is justifiable? They had said that it will depend on the parts that may need to be replaced.

30000 KMS ran HONDA engine needs engine work?
No no, engine should not be a problem.
Can you post a video of that noise and from where it is coming?
Just blankly engine, nothing can be answered.
Is it from crankcase? Clutch side? Gear side? Head? Block? Near Air intake?

Thread Starter #6

[:)]
30000 KMS ran HONDA engine needs engine work?
No no, engine should not be a problem.
Can you post a video of that noise and from where it is coming?
Just blankly engine, nothing can be answered.
Is it from crankcase? Clutch side? Gear side? Head? Block? Near Air intake?
Hello RVSB,
Sorry I could not upload the video of the engine. However I would like to inform you that I took the bike to a local garage mechanic and he removed the noise and the total bill was just Rs 200.

Your doubt was very correct about the engine work.. [:)]

The mechanic did not tell clearly as to what problem was but he said something about Timing etc. He struggled with Hindi and I am from Mumbai staying in Bangalore so could not discuss in detail what was wrong with the bike. Anyways the bike is fit and fine now.

basics:

1. Start the bike and idle at cold. if there is no loose chain like sound coming near the cam shaft the cam tensioner or lifter is the culprit.

2. The black smoke may be deposit to carbon deposits, Is the silencer ever cleaned? Did the bike has gone de carbonisation?

You need to worry about the engine/ head/ valve/ piston only if white smoke is emitted during early morning starts and the acceleration and mileage will also be affected.

Change engine oil every 1500km

Thread Starter #8
Hello Pravin,
Thanks for the advice. I did have issues with chain which used to get loosened every now and then. Then I got it fixed from ASC and was working fine till I came across this issue. As of now no loose chain noise coming.
The bike has not been de carbonized. As a matter of fact I am hearing this term for the first time [roll].
Also no white smoke during early morning starts.
Thanks for sharing these points. I will keep a watch to ensure if anything u listed recurs. [:)]

come for Decarbonization... and restore the pickup and reduce the fuel consumption and help mother earth with reduced emissions.

We will be happy to Decarbonize your bike...

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
come for Decarbonization... and restore the pickup and reduce the fuel consumption and help mother earth with reduced emissions.

We will be happy to Decarbonize your bike...
Hello Teamphd60,
Could you please share the details like cost and your contact. First I may need to decide if the bike really needs Decarbonization and then I will take a call on whether to do it or not. Thanks for your response.[thumbsup]

Hi Vishalpsali, it will be Rs800.

From my experience any vehicle that completed a minimum of 18,000-20,000 kms benefits from Decarbonization using the PHD60 system.

I did Decarbonization on vehicles below 18,000kms in mileage and couldn't tell a difference in performance but EMISSIONS test proved the CO,CO2 and HC levels in the exhaust dropped tremendously.

We are the only TUV tested proven Decarbonization system in the world.

check our Facebook page www.fb.com/phd60

contact details are in our Facebook page.

Hi I am using Hero Honda Glamour 2012 model.

Now it has crossed 33000 Kms.

Kindly suggest me the list of engine work, I need to take care since My mechanic gives a list of work to do, though the bike has no complaints at the moment

generally it's a robust engine. 33k is too less a km for engine work. My cbz, karizma has passed 80k. Just change engine oil every 2000km. Are you facing any problems with your bike.

Thread Starter #15
Hi I am using Hero Honda Glamour 2012 model.

Now it has crossed 33000 Kms.

Kindly suggest me the list of engine work, I need to take care since My mechanic gives a list of work to do, though the bike has no complaints at the moment
If the bike has no complaints then you may just stick to the service schedule mentioned in user manual. That should be enough.

Top Bottom