Foot Steering

Thread Starter #1
I want to install a foot steering in a Maruti Celerio Automatic or I10 Automatic car. As I had lost both my hands in a electrical accident, I will be driving the car with my feet. This modification is quite common aboard, but it seems it has never been done in India. There is enough information and photographs of the foot steering on the Internet.
I will welcome any information regarding who can do this modification.

@ joni however this is for people who have lost thier legs. here is an email address for a firm in australia who have done the foot steering work.
info@pmeautoconversions.com.au contact them and ask them if they can do it for india if yes. then all problem solved.

Last edited:
ask them if they can do it for india if yes. then all problem solved.
Modification is not the only issue here, registering the vehicle with such modification and putting them on road legally is more painful. Such vehicle are to be modified from Govt approved agencies as per the medical fitness of the user (again it has to be approved by Govt nominated Doctors), inspected by RTO and declared as "Invalid Carriage" (not sure about the name though) and only then they can be used on-Road

very much agreed sir. however until and unless someone starts the process. its never goin to be realised by the babus in the government. so yes it might be prolonged process, however if this is done and legal approval is taken it would help a lot of people. Dont you think so??????. the first case is always the hard One. @ Vikram a good point raised by Mr.Boss throw some light here whether you have consulted anyone regarding this legal issues that may come up. if Yes please share as it would help many to know the Law.

Top Bottom