Honda City 2010 Suspension Very Stiff

Thread Starter #1
My car suspension is now very stiff. I can feel small stone and vibration on the road. car have done only 39000 km.
Using 195/60 R15 Micheline Primacy 3ST Tyre 4000 km done. Is that Tyre problem? or is this Shock absorber Bush problem?

And anyone know about suspension kit by honda which provide 5mm more ground clearance?

Hi Archit Raj,

Welcome to TAI.[:)]

If you didn't check, have a look into the tire pressure readings. Over inflated tires can also be the culprit.

Regards.,

My car suspension is now very stiff. I can feel small stone and vibration on the road. car have done only 39000 km.
Using 195/60 R15 Micheline Primacy 3ST Tyre 4000 km done. Is that Tyre problem? or is this Shock absorber Bush problem?

And anyone know about suspension kit by honda which provide 5mm more ground clearance?
I do not know the answer to your first question.

Regarding the ground clearance, I have installed Coil Spring Adjusters on my car. This has helped me avoid scraping many of the speed bumps.

try to lubricate shock absorber Bush with grease and if you found improvement then bush have to be replaced or you can visit at shock absorber repair shop.

Thread Starter #7
try to lubricate shock absorber Bush with grease and if you found improvement then bush have to be replaced or you can visit at shock absorber repair shop.
Thanks for reply, I have done this but no solution. :(

Anyone know about suspention kit which is cost 18000 rs provided by honda?? They said that it will contain all 4 new shockers which can gc up to 5 mm more.

Over tyre pressure may be the reason if the stiffness you feel on bad road with pot holes. But if you get a big jerk on the breakers then there is more chances of suspension/bush damage.

You must thoroughly examine before changing the suspension.

Regarding suspension assister , I have heard of a company name "Indi Shock" some thing like, but cant recall the exact name. But those assister are really best and expensive. The product is silicon based and transparent in colour.

You mean your suspension setup become stiff after changing to new broader tire or with the stock tire also, suspension felt harder?

Most probably your tires are overfilled.May be the tire pressure readings may not be correct where you checked.Check some other place and confirm. If it is the case with suspension issues, it will not feel same stiffness in all for wheels.

IMO Honda City's suspension is not that good. My observation is that when car is < 30 or 40 KMPH I can feel almost all the bad things on road but when car cross ~40 KMPH then it suppresses most of the bad thing on road. Honda City doesn't have best in class suspension system in my humble opinion (no offense, I own Honda City).

I have also upgraded tires from Good Year to Michiline XM2 (195/60/R15). I am very much satisfied with the upgrade and ride became smoother than the previous with Good Year. But still it is not as smooth as other cars like swift, Innova etc.

One observation is that when my car comes back after service then it is so smooth and silent but as times goes it becomes noisy and I hear thud thud noise when I come across any pot holes at low speed. Since I drive the car on the same road daily it clearly makes the difference when car comes after service and when it is due for service. I think at the time of servicing they do apply some grease to somewhere and due to that it becomes silent. I have no idea about that but it is just my observation. Experts might have answer for my observation.

Thread Starter #13
I think Honda city 2009-11 model have stiff suspension and it will become more stiff over the time.
And what about 2012 facelift suspension? Is that same?

hi EVERYONE, i have HONDA CITY 2013 model and have completed 27,000km.
my ride feels very bumpy i thought that my shocks are the culprit & so i changed my suspension kit on all wheels(shocks,struts ,dampers,coil springs) in the honda service centre. Even AFTER CHANGING suspension kit i feel the same problem. the ride is still very very bumpy & can feel everything on the road. My front yokohomo earth 1tyre has completed only 3000kms.
Honda service center itself cant rectify the problem.
Pls help me!!

Top Bottom