Corolla Altis + MSequent CNG - Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts,

Please help me in identifying/resolving the issue.

Issue: Sometimes my car won't start if gets stopped unintentinally(eg. picking up in wrong gear etc). If I leave it for 5 min(approx) and then give it a try, its all well & it fires fine.

By not starting I mean, the car fires at self but at a very low RPM and tries to sustain the on condition but not successful.

Car Details:

1. Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G(Petrol)
2. Got MSequent Sequential CNG kit installed in 2012.[Since then no issue]
3. Around 80000 Km run.[around 10000 Km run of CNG till now]

My Observations related to the Issue(I am surely not an expert):

1. This generally happens whenever I drove the car for more than 30 Km at a stretch.
2. When car is started a 'small sound' is heard which is basically an indicaion that car has switched from Petrol to CNG. Whenever this issue happens this 'sound' is not heard. Post 5 min wait, when the car is successfully started this sound is heard again.

Efforts done till now to resolve the issue:-

1. Got the car checked at authorised Msequent CNG kit center, but they said its not an issue with the CNG circuit.
2. Got the car serviced at Toyota & the also said there is no issue with the car.
3. Got the car checked at a mechanic outside toyota & he is also not able to identify the issue.

----
Apart from above there is no issue with the car & even getting good power, milege with it.
----

Regards,
Vishal B

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Issue: Sometimes my car won't start if gets stopped unintentinally(eg. picking up in wrong gear etc). If I leave it for 5 min(approx) and then give it a try, its all well & it fires fine.

By not starting I mean, the car fires at self but at a very low RPM and tries to sustain the on condition but not successful.
Don't be worried about it Vishal. It happens with my City IVtec too though I am not using CNG stuff et al. The same signs as you stated are faced by me but this is all because of the wrong gear meshing and clutch synchronization. When the car gets off rarely, I usually place Neutral gear and after 2-3 minutes it cranks up well. No matter how good driver one is but these type of unintentional errors are unavoidable.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Hi Akash,
Thanks for the reply. The issue is never faced when I am running on petrol.
Also, Its very embarrassing when such thing happens and I am standing stall for 5 min in the middle of the road.
Hope you understood my point.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The issue is never faced when I am running on petrol. Also, Its very embarrassing when such thing happens and I am standing stall for 5 min in the middle of the road.
Though I am not an expert for CNG related stuff, but with my experience of a tenant's CNG Wagon R, I feel, the change-over mechanism from CNG to Petrol could be at fault then. I never used a CNG setup, but I feel even a branded after market CNG setup does intervene with a originally "for-petrol" engine. According to me only these 2 reasons could be there.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5
Thanks Akash. As mentioned before, I got the CNG circuit checked from authorised MSequent Sequential CNG kit center and they said there is no issue with it. I even tried to replicate the issue in front of them but unable to do it.

I'll still appeal to all experts in this forum to suggest a solution to the problem.

get your spark plug checked . what i am guessing there issue with your kit its not providing enough flow which required by engine .

when your car running ok on CNG does on idle it vibrate ?

Thread Starter #7
Hi,
The spark plugs were checked by mechanic a month ago & they are fine. He even adjusted the gap between the 2 points where spark is generated, as per him it is required for good functioning of car on CNG kit. When car is behaving normally there is no vibration felt.

The issue here is been faced from past 2-3 months.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Thanks Vidhur.. I will get it checked.. Lets hope to find the root cause there to resolve it then.
There are few more new things started happening from yesterday:-

1. Power windows remain operational even whn the key is not put it.
2. When the Blower is not ON, still there is small amount of air(mostly warm) coming out of it.
3. When Car starts rolling, usually all door gets locked automatically but its not happening now.

Regards,
Vishal B

Last edited:

Top Bottom