Tata Indica Turbo: Very Bad Fuel Efficiency

Thread Starter #1
Hey,
I have a 2006 tata indica turbo which has clocked 2.25 lack kms
.i have been getting a constant mileage of 13kmpl even by varying driving styles.
For this reason i got the engine overhauled at tata ass at 2lack kms along with the fuel pump,turbo and injectors.the car is regularly serviced and in very good condition.
but the tricky part .in mangalore we have a 60 kms 4 lane highway from mangalore to manipal ,by maintaining 85kmph at 2k rpm i got 30kmpl.I at first didnt believe it but after a lot of drives by me and my amused friends i keep getting the same efficiency of 30kmpl on that road .but when i drive on any usual two lane highway i get 13kmpl .i measure fuel efficiency by making my tank full and then after driving for 60 to 70 kms again refill it.I have tried everything ,but knowing my car is capable of giving 30kmpl on staraight road ,i dont get why i cant even get 18-20kmpl on normal roads.i have got 185 tyres over the stock 165mm and i drive with ac always

Re: indica turbo very bad fuel efficiency

did you try system-d but i think with ac 18-20 is the best fuel economy by tata tdi engine 30kmpl is really surprising

Thread Starter #3

That efficiency is by maintaining a constant speed of 80 to 85kmph and engine at roughly 2k rpm

Usually broader tires will take their tall on milage in city usage/start-stop usage, where you need to do more acclereation in shorter gears, especially 1st,2nd gears.. So expect a 2-4 km milage diffrence in city usuage, but in over all usuage, including highway differnce will be reduced.

You didnt mention, full tire size of broader tire. When you using a broader size, your stock speedo meter will not accurate any more, Meter will show less Km and speed than actual. In that case, it is difficult to beleive 30 Kmpl milage. I suspect there is something not correct in the measurement.

Top Bottom