Hyundai i20 ORVM Not Opening

Thread Starter #1
Hi everybody. I have an i20 Sportz Diesel. The variant where I can open/close the electronic ORVM's from inside switch and also adjust them from inside switch. Somebody stole the left hand side mirror (literally snatched it off from the looks of it). I got the mirror replaced from Deep Hyundai (Delhi). But now they say, the mirrors are not opening because the internal switch is gone bad.
Is it possible that damage to mirror would cause damage to internal switch (there was no damage to the internals).
I've a sneaking suspicion that perhaps the idiots did not wire the new mirror properly or something, that's why they are not opening.
Any clues please?

Re: i20 ORVM not opening

I've a sneaking suspicion that perhaps the idiots did not wire the new mirror properly or something, that's why they are not opening.
That's one possible cause, get it checked.
Which internal switch are they referring to?

Try to listen the motor humming sound/little vibration of that mirror by placing ear near to it/by touching. If its not there then check for wiring.

Is it the switch require to open/retract the mirror they are talking about? I think you must go to other local service center for same and can find the exact cause of it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Recently i changed my verna's side mirror. I toot hought there must be wirings but upon opening i saw just a coupler. As you can see in the images (santa fe's orvm) there are no wires to be fixed. Just attach the couplers. And since you said it was stolen maybe the coupler's pin coming from the door got damaged. I think that can be the issue.

Ps : my friend changed the switch(button) which opens and closes the mirror. The switch also included the rotation wheel as well. Costed him 700 rs from outside.

I think the wire that fits into the power windows button and the switch needs to be replaced and not the switch.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

Thanks a ton for so prompt replies guys..you're awesome. My response:

That's one possible cause, get it checked.
Which internal switch are they referring to?
The switch which is used to open and close the mirror.

Try to listen the motor humming sound/little vibration of that mirror by placing ear near to it/by touching.
Will the motor make this sound even if operating the switch does absolutely nothing at all?

As you can see in the images (santa fe's orvm) there are no wires to be fixed. Just attach the couplers
But when my mirror was stolen/ripped apart, I could a lots of loose wires of different colors hanging loose where the mirror used to be.

I think the wire that fits into the power windows button and the switch needs to be replaced and not the switch.

But there was no internal damage/loss/theft. So could there be a disconnect between switch and mirror?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

oh yeah , the coupler must have broken when it was stolen leaving behind all the wires opened. you can see many wires coming in the picture, now i think they must have not fixed the wires in the new coupler properly. you were correct. ask them to check the wirings or take it to another hyundai ass if it's close to your home.

Will the motor make this sound even if operating the switch does absolutely nothing at all?
i think he meant that if you are pressing the button and the motor is making a sound but doing nothing then it can be the motor's problem and the connections are all good. if you don't hear any sound then wire connection is the cause.

Thread Starter #7
Well...I ultimately got the issue fixed but the people at Hans Hyundai would not explain me the reasons for the trouble, besides speculating that manually opening the mirror could have caused it (which was done only once after new OVRM was installed and that too, by the service chaps, not me).

OT: Hans Hyundai workshop/body shop in Delhi fix one problem and create another. They fixed the OVRM opening but then, the wipers, which were working perfectly earlier stopped working ... they fixed they wipers and now, a new problem with OVRM in that, the electronic adjustment from inside won't work sometimes (I guess all related electrical issues). And to top it all, instead of recognizing a problem, they just try to avoid it saying its natural or it'll go by itself or sometimes even try to pass off telling, there is no problem at all !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have a Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX. Last 2 yrs I left town and had a friend of mine look after it. It appears that he folded the OVRM manually and that messed up the electronic fold option that was operated by a switch inside the car. I now have to manually fold it when getting into narrower lanes. Went to the service center. they said the wiring is fine but internal motor not working. How come both the motors stops working. Do not get any sound either. Please share available options to get this fixed than changing the OVRMs.

Top Bottom