Starting Maruti Esteem Remotely By Establishing Digital Circuit

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Maruti Esteem. I want to perform an experiment of starting my car from my mobile phone. Do you know which piece under the hood I need to look at to first start the car and then possibly setup a wi-fi enabled circuit that would start the car.

Thanks

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Gangooli,

May I know why you need to perform this experiment? Is your car giving any trouble with a key start?

I guess your car would be minimum 8 years old i.e around 2007, so, do you feel experimenting with a obsolete/ old machinery at your own risk would be feasible?

Regards

Akash

you'll need to set up push to start kind of mechanism first. and the circuitry needs to be powered on all the time which, in turn would consume lots of juice from the battery so its not advisable. Although Some cars like Mahindra e20 have this feature, it even tells if handbrake is engaged or not after exiting the vehicle (through SMS) and other cool stuffs.

Thread Starter #4
@Akash - You are right. Mine is a 2007 model. It starts off with key - no worries with that. I just want to make the car smarter rather than buying a high end car to make those experiments.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Akash - You are right. Mine is a 2007 model. It starts off with key - no worries with that. I just want to make the car smarter rather than buying a high end car to make those experiments.
Actually buddy, I own a 2006 model Esteem Vxi model too. I would say, leave this car as it is because this car is not made for carrying out such interesting experiments reason being there isn't scope for it. At max a central locking with remote is good enough as per me to lock/ unlock.

Tell me something have you created some fore-ground prior to carrying out this experiment? The experiment you are planning is not going to be free of cost. At present the resale of a Esteem 06-07 model would be around 1.25 to 1.5 lac, this experiment will cost you nothing less than 50K including all spares. Yet there won't be any success guarantee of it. So, there is no point exploring new potentials of an old machine.

If there is a chance of 1% failure, still you'll not find spares to replace for Esteem. Take it from me and put to rest your thought.

Also, I am no internet or cyber expert, but unlocking with Wifi shall lead to safety compromise as Wifi can be hacked.

Regards

Akash

Akash@

I dont think it will be that much expensive.We will get remote lock system with remote start for bikes in less than 1k rs. I had done this in my earlier bike in 2007. Brand was Autocop.One of my friend done this on his dio 2 years later. My bike will not start if it was in gear.So if this facility available in a bike lot cheaper then it will not be a issue to make them for cars. I am not sure wheather this type product is available in our market . BTW this facility is avilable in some highend cars i heard.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I had done this in my earlier bike in 2007. Brand was Autocop.One of my friend done this on his dio 2 years later. My bike will not start if it was in gear.So if this facility available in a bike lot cheaper then it will not be a issue to make them for cars.
Buddy, Agreed that bikes can be experimented upon with these systems but one has to be really cautious when trying this in a car since circuit of a car is much more complex than the bike.

Regards

Akash

Buddy, Agreed that bikes can be experimented upon with these systems but one has to be really cautious when trying this in a car since circuit of a car is much more complex than the bike.

Regards

Akash
That is true. Don't try this on cars as their circuit is very complex or some time it may damage the entire circuit.
Small DIY are ok with cars..

I bet this is just a hypothetical question, and 90% of chance the owner is not going to implement it even if someone provide him a comprehensive solution.
Sorry, no offense intended.

If you are using your car more as a science lab and not as much for commute here is a suggestion from my end.

1) Install a Push button start mechanism for your car. Something like this 12V DC ENGINE STARTER IGNITION PUSH BUTTON SWITCH WITH RED LED

2) Get a GSM relay control board. Something like this 2 Channel-Wireless GSM relay board remotely switch ON-OFF.
Make sure the relay contact rating and starter switch Amp rating are matching.

3) Take a pair of wires and connect the relay contact terminals in parallel to the push button, just like another switch. (Incase if you get into an
out of coverage area you can start with push button too [lol]). Connect the GSM relay unit to 12V supply in car, grab your mobile, pair it with the GSM
relay unit and we are ready to start.

I know this is a very crude design, but I couldn't come up with anything better. No brickbats please!. :stupid:

Last edited:

Top Bottom