Vibration in Ertiga When Turbo Engages

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have Ertiga ZXi and it has done 45000 kms. All services were done by Maruti dealership at regular intervals. Now I am facing an issue that while driving the car there is alot of vibration when turbo charger kicks in.

Earlier it used to kick in instantly I mean there was just a instant push and it would get engaged but now it vibrates the car lot.

Once the turbo has kicked in then the vibration stops.

What could be the issue? Is anyone else also facing this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Vibration in car when turbo engages

The vibes are in the gear level or you feel the whole car vibrates? I'm sure the car is a ZDI...am I wrong?

i dont know how this help but i have the same problem in my tata indica vista tech. i crossed 22000km on it. shown in the Service Center said there is a problem with ECU and has to flash it with new Upgrade.

Thread Starter #5
Hi,

Sorry my mistake its ZDi not ZXi. Yes i think the whole car vibrates and it starts from front and goes to rear and ends as turbo has kicked in. Is it possible that its now winter season and its happening due to that ?

Thanks.

Thread Starter #6
Hi,

I have a ZDi sorry about the zxi typo. Anyways latest news is that I went on a long trip for 3 days and drove over 500+ kms. and I did'nt face any other problem at all in the car. I took the car to speed over 160 and everything was/is fine.

The vibration is at around the speed on 60 kmph and goes away within 2-3 seconds but in those 2-3 seconds it vibrates the whole car. The service is due in March but i will go in Feburary and will ask service advisor to check into the same.

Also for last 2-3 services I was getting full synthetic engine oil but now I plan to go back to semi-sythentic to reduce on the service costs. The car has done now 45000+ kms and tyres have also to be changed, but this vibration is not due to tyres or engine oil, its something else.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a ZDi sorry about the zxi typo. Anyways latest news is that I went on a long trip for 3 days and drove over 500+ kms. and I did'nt face any other problem at all in the car. I took the car to speed over 160 and everything was/is fine.

The vibration is at around the speed on 60 kmph and goes away within 2-3 seconds but in those 2-3 seconds it vibrates the whole car. The service is due in March but i will go in Feburary and will ask service advisor to check into the same.

Also for last 2-3 services I was getting full synthetic engine oil but now I plan to go back to semi-sythentic to reduce on the service costs. The car has done now 45000+ kms and tyres have also to be changed, but this vibration is not due to tyres or engine oil, its something else.

Thanks.
Might be a loose mounting in the engine bay. Get thoroughly checked.
Drive safe and every passenger must fasten their seatbelts on highways at least and of course at such speeds.

You could check the engine mountings. Based on your mileage and assumption of the indian road conditions, the engine mountings may be faulty. You could also get them to check the turbo mounting brackets.

Might be variable geometry turbo mechanism , check fluid's are supplied well, also the arm which adjusts the variable turbo, think its turbo . take to MASS soon before it gets deeper

Top Bottom