Looking For G13B DOHC GTI Engine For Esteem

Thread Starter #1
Hello members, I am looking for a 1300 cc Swift GTI engine. Does anyone know where can I get hold of one? And for how much? I live in Pune.

I am not sure if this is the correct category in the forum to post my query. In case not, I request the mods to move it to the correct section.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I am looking for a 1300 cc Swift GTI engine. Does anyone know where can I get hold of one? And for how much? I live in Pune.
Buddy, Get in touch with a good car modifier as he'll be able to guide you. OEM might not be able to entertain your request because as far as I know, Maruti ASC's do provide new engines for their cars but don't interchange them.

Regards

Akash

- We don't have any "I want xxx" category
- You can't source a New engine (from Swift) for your Esteem
- Engine replacement (other than OE spec) isn't legal to put on roads
- If you intend to use your car on tracks ONLY, we can continue further discussion

PS: what's wrong with your current engine?

Hello members, I am looking for a 1300 cc Swift GTI engine. Does anyone know where can I get hold of one? And for how much? I live in Pune.

I am not sure if this is the correct category in the forum to post my query. In case not, I request the mods to move it to the correct section.
What is Swift GTI engine?Is that same 1300 cc petrol engine came in Swift before K series petrol engine?

AFAIK last gen Esteem( G13B, 85 BHP) and First Gen Swift had almost same engine except difference in gearbox and some small changes.Isn't tht correct?

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys! I think I did not mention it correctly. This is an EU spec Engine. It is G13B DOHC engine with 100 bhp stock.

- We don't have any "I want xxx" category
- You can't source a New engine (from Swift) for your Esteem
- Engine replacement (other than OE spec) isn't legal to put on roads
- If you intend to use your car on tracks ONLY, we can continue further discussion

PS: what's wrong with your current engine?
-Got it..
-This is not the Indian and current Swift I am talking about.
-Well as far as I know any modification to technical specification or vehicle dynamics is illegal. Everyone knows it, but they still do it. And, I am just thinking..
-No, I do not intend to but why not if I get a chance. Right now I am not sure if I could afford one if it is priced high! (read as - Only If I get permission from the high command [:D]) So my search begins at where I can find it, then later for how much.

There is nothing wrong with the current engine. Runs great with good FE.

What is Swift GTI engine?Is that same 1300 cc petrol engine came in Swift before K series petrol engine?

AFAIK last gen Esteem( G13B, 85 BHP) and First Gen Swift had almost same engine except difference in gearbox and some small changes.Isn't tht correct?
Maruti Suzuki Esteem 1.3 came with a G13BB engine 85 bhp stock. And it is not the current Indian Maruti Suzuki Swift engine that I am looking for.

Refer to the links for more about the engine and transformation of some cars:
Suzuki G engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Google

-Well as far as I know any modification to technical specification or vehicle dynamics is illegal. Everyone knows it, but they still do it. And, I am just thinking.
You are absolutely right. But practically speaking people don't care much about "minor" modifications such as changing the mufflers (often treated as petty offence and fined), adding spoilers and even major ones like ECU reprogramming, Aftermarket turbochargers, NOS addition etc as they are not easy to find out just by seeing.

But magnitude of what you are planning is totally different as the engine number appears in RC book, you won't get approval if you use a different engine (not OE),
if you proceed without any approval and by any chance got caught by the cops it will be treated as a major criminal offense (in lines of vehicle theft etc).

Then why you want to think about something totally out of the box[confused]. Esteem is a good old vehicle, IMO it is better to restore it to its original glory than doing performance modifications.

Thread Starter #7
You are absolutely right. But practically speaking people don't care much about "minor" modifications such as changing the mufflers (often treated as petty offence and fined), adding spoilers and even major ones like ECU reprogramming, Aftermarket turbochargers, NOS addition etc as they are not easy to find out just by seeing.

But magnitude of what you are planning is totally different as the engine number appears in RC book, you won't get approval if you use a different engine (not OE),
if you proceed without any approval and by any chance got caught by the cops it will be treated as a major criminal offense (in lines of vehicle theft etc).

Then why you want to think about something totally out of the box[confused]. Esteem is a good old vehicle, IMO it is better to restore it to its original glory than doing performance modifications.
I know that.. "Lekin aaj mein tarike ke baare mein nahi, natije ke baare mein soch rahaa hoon..."[:D]

Well engine is an option.. turbo charging is another one. I could try to look for one from the same source. Then probably projector for fog lamps, then for headlights, then a carputer, then a bigger alternator, bigger battery... or nothing at all . All modifications and funding subject to approvals from the high command. Otherwise all this coversation will stay limited to general knowledge...

So I repeat again... any source? Anyone?

@wolverine You can checkout the performance solutions by Pete's and DTE. They costs hefty, so you have to decide your budget bracket discussing with your "high command" prior to having a look at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9
@wolverine You can checkout the performance solutions by Pete's and DTE. They costs hefty, so you have to decide your budget bracket discussing with your "high command" prior to having a look at them.
Good suggestion, but I had given that a though too. I also checked with Race Dynamics about the modifications, but that is out of budget too. I'll have to start saving more. I'll keep my search On from other sources and in case I find any thing I will share the information with you all. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I did not mention it correctly. This is an EU spec Engine. It is G13B DOHC engine with 100 bhp stock.

Maruti Suzuki Esteem 1.3 came with a G13BB engine 85 bhp stock. And it is not the current Indian Maruti Suzuki Swift engine that I am looking for.

Refer to the links for more about the engine and transformation of some cars:
Suzuki G engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Google
Man, i own a last gen Esteem (1300 CC, 85 BHP) and i know current swift K series engine is different. I was talking about the First Gen Swift petrol(2005 onwards till K series) engine.

BTW, you didnt mentioned the requirement for which vehicle.Is it for your esteem? If then which model was tht?
If your Esteem had 85 BHp engine and your requirment was 100 BHP, why dont you try engine tuning as Lameassonwheels mentiond. Other option is 1600 CC baleno engine.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Everyone knows it, but they still do it. And, I am just thinking..
-No, I do not intend to but why not if I get a chance. Right now I am not sure if I could afford one if it is priced high!
Dear buddies,

I am unable to understand one thing, when in starting itself it has been pointed out that Engine swapping is neither possible (by OEM) nor is it legal then why are we discussing the need/ know-how for engine swap anyway and that too on responsible automotive forum?

The only solution at best, is the turbocharging as suggested by fellow members.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Dear buddies,

I am unable to understand one thing, when in starting itself it has been pointed out that Engine swapping is neither possible (by OEM) nor is it legal then why are we discussing the need/ know-how for engine swap anyway and that too on responsible automotive forum?

The only solution at best, is the turbocharging as suggested by fellow members.

Regards

Akash
Sure I know OEM don't do it and it is illegal. But asking questions or discussing about it, isn't.
And, are you sure that there is no mention of engine swap on this responsible automotive forum?

I have already considered the turbo charging option.. but it really is a personal choice as to what one likes. I would like to have a 1300 suzuki G13B in my car. This is stock 100 bhp no changes to the engine as is. Getting this would be a lot cheaper than turbocharging. And if this is combined with a turbo charger? Nothing like it. [evil] Atleast for me.

Anyways, I got the answer to my first query, in case someone wants to know the source PM me.

I really appreciate all your valuable inputs and genuine concerns.

Here's what got me thinking about this engine:
Modified cars in india

2003 Maruti Zen Engine Swap : Twin Cam 1300cc GTi Power - Team-BHP

1.3 GTi is not very commonly available but you may find one if you search long enough and if you r willing to pay the price. GTi units r significantly better than our SOHC units. If you could source a GTi head alone you could also use it on the Indian block.

Possible options -
1. Stock G13 SOHC indian engine with minor tweaks (Headwork, exhaust etc)
2. Stock G13 SOHC setup with the above work + performance cam + aftermarket ECU
3. Stock G13 SOHC setup + mild boost turbo setup on stock internals + ECU
4. G13 DOHC setup transplant

Good luck .... hope u find one soon ... happy moding !!

If you want to get an Euro spec engine try contacting some scrap yards from the UK, but those power figures mite be for different octane fuel!

But being frank i feel just swapping engine for a DOHC(VVT) engine of same cc is not worth,maybe try an Sx4 engine with 1.6 vvt,nothing is impossible. I had a friend who was running an old import Civic(guessing 1.6) engine in his Zen.

To be frank turbo charging 1.3 petrol's really don't give that much kick for the money you invest,like in Esteem or Swift. So maybe try for a 1.6 engine & start playing from there,120 bhp is an easy reliable figure.

You won't sit at 5000 plus rpm(thats where you see bhp figures) always hence the DOhC(vvt) engine will be a huge improvement for in gear response. .I have looked into possible engine swap in the past hence my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom