Volkswagen Vento Service Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI members,
i am writing this post as i am really fed up of owning so called volkawagen vento.Although i had alot of niggles during last 2 year of ownership ,i was adjusting with all those niggles.But day before yesterday i was given my vehicle for service at phoenix volkswagen service centre located at one of the major city of kerala state ,calicut.I was attented by service executive named Mr.faisal. Actually i requested service centre to avail me mr.faisal as he was the one who attended my vehicle a couple of times.
On 30/12/14 at odo reading 46709 i ve given my vento for service at phoenix volkswagen calicut..they asked is there any specific complaint..i told them that there was a sound from front side left.for that they later informed me that it was due to a broken radiator holder which was fallen on steering box and producing the sound..the same complaint i ve shown them before 2 months on 31/10.2014 .on that that the service adviser mr faizal told me that its because of steering rack problem which they will replace under warranty. on 31/10/2014 the service adviser told me that they ve temporarily fixed the issue of steering column and he told he ll intimate me when steering parts arrives which he has never done.The great comedy in that visit is when he gave me the bill it was written nothing about steering ,but it was mentioned that caliper remove and refill and i was charged Rs 850.after seeing this bill i was stunned..they didnt touch my brake syatem still they chaged me for brakes.also my doubt is if volkswagen also started doing such adjustment works like local workshop and gaining money which is really shameful of a internationally trusted brand like volkswagen. [frustration]see the bill they ve given on 30/10
2014-12-31 21.54.54.png
After this incident i dont ve any faith on this service centre..still the only option of servicing a volkswagen in our place is this service centre.at that visit when i was taking delivery i ve noticed that my wheel spanner is missing .when i asked service adviser he went inside and appeared with a spanner which again was not mine.such a irresponsiblity cant be seen even with our local brands.
Again after 2 months on 30/12/2014 at 46709km i ve given for service.the service was pathetic.in this service they told me that the same sound before they told me as from steering box,now i was told that it was due to radiator support which was broken and fallen on steering box.and they ve repalced that part.now my doubt is how a broken radiator support can touch steering box?according to my limited knowledge radiator lies far away from steering column.guys please throw some light if you ve any idea.
While taking delivery after service i noticed that my fuel lid was not working properly which was in a perfect when i geve my vehicle for service. when i enquired about this to my service adviser,he was blabbering something.i dont know why volkswagen is keeping such irresponsible people as staff.later he told me that he ll replace fuel lid system in warranty with in two weeks as well as he told that they will take the transit fuel charge.Then i asked him to mention the same in my bill as remarks.But he told me that they cant mention that complaint in bill.only oral words.Is this the way a reputed brand in market treat the customers?i doubt they ve done some malpractice ,thats why they were reluctant to mention that in bill.
Anyway after an arguement i told them inform me when spare arrives.then we moved to signing bill procedure.they asked me to sign on satisfactory column,for which i told them i wont.Then the service adviser told me that they wont give me my gate pass without signing satisfactory report.so i was forced to sign.does volkswagen people behaves like street gangsters? IMG-20141231-WA0006-1.jpg
In this service i came to know about a surprising fact that they dont even inspect the underbody during the service.Because,few days back a small wooden piece struck on my rear wheel which was removed by me.but after this service still some sound was coming from rear side..then i took my car to nearby water service station and asked him to lift..then i was surprised to see that still some part of wooden stick is struck on rear wheel..after seeing that i was really depressed that i ve done a big mistake by choosing volkswagen. Immediately i ve informed the issue to the assistant service manager Abhilash of phoenix volkswagen calicut.But he was reluctant to accept the fact as well as he himself was not sure if they ve inspected the vehicle or not.I also informed him about fuel lid issue for which he replied they wont bear transit charges even though that was a mistake from their part[frustration].
And now comes the most interesting thing..The srvice adviser mr.faisal who attended my vehicle was given best service adviser prize by volkswagen.If this is the attitude of best service adviser to customers what would be about worst advisers[confused]
Guys what i should do to rectify my sound issue from my left side front?if i should stick on to ASS or some local workshop like Bosch?OR i should sell this brand and ve some peace of my mind?pls advice..

@Shd_3k:
For what you have been facing for long, nothing but a legal suite is what these VW service guys deserve. Rest I assure you that it's not a problem with VW but is a problem with the service station who is doing such practices. Else there are service stations who are working so hard to keep their customers satisfied that people compare them straight ahead to some of the leading brands in terms of service and support.

Here is one such story:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...akdown-exceptional-experience-vw-service.html

Let's try to find out the contacts of some proper higher management official from VW who may come up to help you here. Maybe other members can help here, till then you can try to use social media to highlight everything you have been facing.

When the A.S.S. adviser told you that he won't give you the gate pass, why haven't you left the car at the place and informed police filing a complain of forcefully keeping your car with them? The way you carried it out fells in the category of 'good' behavior for such people.

For now:
Change your service station instantly, we have the forum members here who may help you to find a good one somewhere. Get to some other A.S.S. and get the issue resolved. This will help you know exactly what's wrong or maybe will help you find out exactly what all was done to your car which caused the issues with fuel lid etc.

This story of broken radiator support felling on the steering box sounds to be really weird. Can it really cause such issues as reported?

Last edited:
Please send a link of this issue to volkswagen higher officials..Usually it works I have done this in case of Tata motors.Most companies donot like negative publicity.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
i am writing this post as i am really fed up of owning so called volkawagen vento.
Dear Buddy, PM me the details of your vehicle. In the meantime, I am going to pass on this link via email to my cousin who works with VW(Parent) in Mumbai at a humbly high rank. He can definitely give some feedback. Will also speak to him today and revert here.

Do post the pic of the radiator part in question.

Regards

Akash

PS: Called my brother, awaiting for his updated email. Have prepared the mail.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy I have just now marked the email to my brother with the link to this thread and the attachments. He will be reaching Mumbai by evening and have messaged him too for checking his email. Any revert from his end will be updated here.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #6
[frustration]
Dear Buddy, PM me the details of your vehicle. In the meantime, I am going to pass on this link via email to my cousin who works with VW(Parent) in Mumbai at a humbly high rank. He can definitely give some feedback. Will also speak to him today and revert here.

Do post the pic of the radiator part in question.

Regards

Akash

PS: Called my brother, awaiting for his updated email. Have prepared the mail.
Hi akash...thanks for your reply..as you asked I couldnt take pics of the broken radiator holder as I was intimated about that problem after i left my car at service station.by the time I reach there they ve already replaced that part.
Secondly as you mentione it may be service centres whose irresponsibility that makes customers to suffer. But the thing is that service centres are the only link between customer and volkswagen company.so if service centeres are doing these types of irrespinsible things , according to customer its done by volkswagen only..Actually by this sort of things customer will loose faith on this brand.To be frank I wont never recommend this brand to none of my friends.Actually what I felt was maruthi service is far better than volkswagen as I own a maruthi vehicle too
But I ve never expected these sort of things from a internationally reputed brand like volkswagen.we people opt for these brands for their reliability and quality of service.BuT I didnt feel these things so far from so called phoenix volkswagen calicut[frustration]

Buddy I have just now marked the email to my brother with the link to this thread and the attachments. He will be reaching Mumbai by evening and have messaged him too for checking his email. Any revert from his end will be updated here.

Regards

Akash
I am waiting for your updates..

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi akash...thanks for your reply..as you asked I couldnt take pics of the broken radiator holder as I was intimated about that problem after i left my car at service station.by the time I reach there they ve already replaced that part.
Ok, no issues, already the link is sent to my brother. I'll update as I receive the revert from him.

Secondly as you mentione it may be service centres whose irresponsibility that makes customers to suffer. But the thing is that service centres are the only link between customer and volkswagen company.so if service centeres are doing these types of irrespinsible things , according to customer its done by volkswagen only..Actually by this sort of things customer will loose faith on this brand.To be frank I wont never recommend this brand to none of my friends.Actually what I felt was maruthi service is far better than volkswagen as I own a maruthi vehicle too
But I ve never expected these sort of things from a internationally reputed brand like volkswagen.we people opt for these brands for their reliability and quality of service.BuT I didnt feel these things so far from so called phoenix volkswagen calicut[frustration]
Please re-check on the text quoted! I have not said any such thing in my posts.

Regards

Akash

Hi TAI members,
i am writing this post as i am really fed up of owning so called volkawagen vento.Although i had alot of niggles during last 2 year of ownership ,i was adjusting with all those niggles....
1. May we pleas know a few niggles that you faced?

2. Do you have extended warranty?

3. Regarding charging for brake remove and adjust, they did what they could at that point of time, whats wrong in charging if you got temporary relief from the problem.

4. You can sign satisfactory note, because you can always give negative feedback later. Without exception, VW gives call after every sevrice/repair work. At lease this has happened with me.

5. Regarding damaged fuel lid- did you ever mention this in a feedback call. If you had done this, the matter would been resolved. A similar thing happened in my case where a light switch was not working properly after normal service, I got it replaced smoothly without any questions asked.

6. Underbody inspection I am not sure if it lies in the protocol, but if you had mentioned while preparing job sheet, they would have done it. Please also accept that as customers we also have to be proactive. We cannot leave everything to service centers. Normally l keep a list of small complaints or niggles in my phone as notes so that I do not miss anything while giving car for service/repair. It helps.

7. Regarding transit fuel charges, you should ask them about the policy that mentions the same.

Thread Starter #9
1. May we pleas know a few niggles that you faced?

2. Do you have extended warranty?

3. Regarding charging for brake remove and adjust, they did what they could at that point of time, whats wrong in charging if you got temporary relief from the problem.

4. You can sign satisfactory note, because you can always give negative feedback later. Without exception, VW gives call after every sevrice/repair work. At lease this has happened with me.

5. Regarding damaged fuel lid- did you ever mention this in a feedback call. If you had done this, the matter would been resolved. A similar thing happened in my case where a light switch was not working properly after normal service, I got it replaced smoothly without any questions asked.

6. Underbody inspection I am not sure if it lies in the protocol, but if you had mentioned while preparing job sheet, they would have done it. Please also accept that as customers we also have to be proactive. We cannot leave everything to service centers. Normally l keep a list of small complaints or niggles in my phone as notes so that I do not miss anything while giving car for service/repair. It helps.

7. Regarding transit fuel charges, you should ask them about the policy that mentions the same.
Hi rigtnow,thanks for your reply.Let me explain the things that you ve asked
1.the niggles are with in 15000 km itself i had some problem while braking.for that they ve done some skimming work on break rotors which was charged 2000.at 17000 around they ve changed break pads which i know is normal.later on around 22000 km the complaint started again they replaced both of my rotors with new break pads which had run hardly 5000km.the bill was some what around 8000.later after few km vehicle started deviating its path to left if we keep steering at centre.when i complaint this they told they did wheel alignment and its ok now.but it was not.for this issue i ve visited them thrice.they couldnt resolve.then i asked one of my friend who told me to adjust the steering wheel itself .the same thing i told that service adviser .then he did what i ve told and later it was perfect.They couldnt even resolve these simple issues itself.moreover during these issue visit the service adviser mr.faisal who attended me even told me that if its not done it you can take the vehicle to outside some workshop which was really shocking to me.then started the steering sound issue which i ve mentioned in my first post
2.yes i ve an extended warranty
3.they told me the sound was from steering rack and it has to be replaced.they told it will be done on warranty later on.but when bill came it was mentioned that its break adjustment.when i shown up this complaint it was just after my periodic service.so they are not supposed to charge.And they told me that the part they adjusted will be replaced under warranty.If that particular part is covered under warranty how they charge for adjusting that part
4.Ya i can sign.But the way the service adviser made me to sign is a sort of threatening which i was not supposed to ve from a reputed brand like volkswagen
5.Ya i ve mentioned.even to service assist manager.they didnt even bother to give a call back.while leaving the service station itself i asked him to mention the same in bill which they didnt
6.underbody inspection is a routine protocol for all service centre. even maruthi and tata do that.they will be inspecting underbody after lifting it on lift.

Hi rigtnow,thanks for your reply.Let me explain the things that you ve asked..
1. It is indeed incompetent on their part that hey couldn't resolve the brake issue
3. Even if a part is covered under warranty, they do charge for labor. Yes thats their policy and I guess same goes for other manufacturers too.
5. I request you to please dump your anger for once and give a call to VW customer care or write a mail to them mentioning a previous reference no. As per my recent experience, they are getting faster at resolution of complaints.
6. If you happen to visit VW workshop soon, ask them to hand you over a protocol list so that you are sure they ignored underbody of your car.

Mr.Shd 3k,
Kozhikode is the next city to yours right?
Get some reviews on volkswagen service outlets in calicut,and then take your car to there.
Report the complaint(Don't mention that you had taken service in mahe),you can say you were on a long drive....blah... blah..
Consult their opinion and then update us up in TAI.

Mr.Shd 3k,
Kozhikode is the next city to yours right?
Get some reviews on volkswagen service outlets in calicut,and then take your car to there.
Report the complaint(Don't mention that you had taken service in mahe),you can say you were on a long drive....blah... blah..
Consult their opinion and then update us up in TAI.
Kozhikode has only one volkswagen service centre PHOENIX CARS .He has written about that service centre and even the next nearest one at kannur is run by PHOENIX CARS.So monopoly he is left to the mercy of this service centre.So the best resolution would be interference by the volkswagen customer service higher ups on seeing this link which has already been forwarded to them by our honourable TAI member akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
For your record dear, here is the mail I had sent to my brother on 01st Jan 2015.

Akash Srivastava
AttachmentsJan 1 (2 days ago)

to marutdhar24
Dear Sir,

It is to bring to your kind notice, a gentleman's ordeal with the Volkswagen Vento he had purchased.

Here is the link to his post: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/20017-volkswagen-vento-service-issue.html

All the bills have been posted too. Please provide the needful support sir. The outlet in question is Phoenix Car India Private Limited.

Happy New Year 2015.

Regards

Akash
I will speak with him in afternoon today and seek a feedback on the issue.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear buddy, I had just now spoken to my brother, he has gone through this thread but was actually confused that what sort of resolution are you looking for and secondly has requested to mention all the niggles point wise so that we can understand and take necessary step. I have told him that once the issues shall be listed here, I will get back to him.

Apart from the issues of car, following details are also needed!

> Name of Car Owner

Please do the needful so that next step can be initiated. List out your issues point wise. List out properly, the parts if were changed without your consent.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #15
Dear buddy, I had just now spoken to my brother, he has gone through this thread but was actually confused that what sort of resolution are you looking for and secondly has requested to mention all the niggles point wise so that we can understand and take necessary step. I have told him that once the issues shall be listed here, I will get back to him.

Apart from the issues of car, following details are also needed!

> Name of Car Owner

Please do the needful so that next step can be initiated. List out your issues point wise. List out properly, the parts if were changed without your consent.

Regards
HI akash as you requested i ll list out the main 2 issues

1.sound from Lt front side while turning the vehicle to left side
for this sound phoenix calicut has done fix twice and which was not yet resolved.once they told me its from steering rack which will be replaced under warranty and has done some temporary fix(as service adviser mr faisal mentioned") which was billed as caliper fix.yes,they told me something as steering issue and biled as break issue.the same sound recurred and intimated them during last week periodic service.then to resolve the above same sound they replaced some radiator support(part description is mentioned in bill as carrier polo 1 ,price 2381+labour 1200)and the sound was not resolved.if the sound was from the replaced part it should ve gone by this replacement.so my qn is why volkswagen unnecessarily replaced the part which costed me around RS.3582/-??I feel it as a day time roberry. moreover if its the faulty radiator support why didnt volkswagen phoenix do it under warranty? so at this point i would like to ve two things to be done by volkswagen phoenix as
a)A permanent solution for resolving the sound
b)An explanation for unnecessary replacement of radiator support

2)Fuel lid cant be opened after servicing the vehicle

After my previous peiodic service while recieving my vehicle i ve noticed that i am not able to open fuel lid so that i am not able to use the vehicle.when i rep[orted this issue as it was in perfect condition while giving for service,they ve given me a lazy reply that they will replace it and it will take more than two weeks.i am seeing it as gross negligence from service centre or they ve done some malpractice on my car .so the solution i expect is to resolve the issue as soon as possible by availing the spare part at free of cost as the damage is caused by service centre including the transit cost

Name of RC owner is KUNJAVARAN A V

I am here posting a customer view which i ve seen in some other web.Hope moderators dont mind in cut and pasting the same Screenshot_2015-01-03-19-06-09-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom