Maruti Suzuki Swift: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
hi today i have got my dream car but idle rpm is so low that it cant move without accelerating in first gear is this normal?

Re: RPM problem in newly bought swift vxi

As your car is a petrol , it wont move without acceleration input. So everything is normal. Diesel car is the one that normally pulls without accelerator input.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

^^ nah , it's not true. Even petrol cars move without pressing the accelerator on flat roads not uphill which diesel can easily do because of the low end torque.

@ OP - don't worry , it's not a problem. Try in 2nd gear , it should crawl around 10kmph. Idle rpm should be 700-900.

Thread Starter #4

its really frustating to accelerte in first gear i give a little more acceleration it moves back and forth and if i give more race in first gear there is a voice coming from front like "cut" sorry for bad english and previously i drove wagonr i dont think there is a difference btn the two

vechiles with lot of torque move without accelerator. there is nothing to worry about your car.

The general character of a maruthi petrol engine is power low end torque. Ertiga diesel has very good low end but ertiga petrol struggles. you have rev a bit in 1st gear to keep it in power band

Thread Starter #8
The general character of a maruthi petrol engine is power low end torque. Ertiga diesel has very good low end but ertiga petrol struggles. you have rev a bit in 1st gear to keep it in power band
hi thnx but can you tell me how much rpm should i use in first gear without taking "jhatka".1 more thing yesterday was the first day of my car at night while i was driving i gave a little more throttle in first gear it gave a jhatka u know what i mean some cut cut like voice came from front is it a problem clutch needs adjustment?

can i increase my idle rpm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: RPM Problem in Newly Bought Swift VXi

I feel as you car is new.It needs propers run-in.As you follow proper run-in period for 1k issue may get sorted out.As far as swift petrol is concern no issues of low end torque i came across.Yes its doesnt pull strongly from 1000rpm but after 1800 rpm acceleration is strong till redline.HAPPY REVVING KSERIES.

hi today i have got my dream car but idle rpm is so low that it cant move without accelerating in first gear is this normal?
Dude its not cut cut,
Its called as knocking.
Or
Engine knocking

I too have 3cyl k series waggy
Whereas swift has 4cyl.

Petrol engines lack low end torque due to their low compression ratio,

Dont increase idling rpm

For 1st gear movement
Trying this would help

Press the clutch
Put first gear
Slowly release the clutch to the point where the idling rpm starts to drop.

Instantly press the throttle for a half an inch and release the clutch slowly by moving the car

after you release full clutch
Change to next gear.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Dude its not cut cut,
Its called as knocking.
Or
Engine knocking

I too have 3cyl k series waggy
Whereas swift has 4cyl.

Petrol engines lack low end torque due to their low compression ratio,

Dont increase idling rpm

For 1st gear movement
Trying this would help

Press the clutch
Put first gear
Slowly release the clutch to the point where the idling rpm starts to drop.

Instantly press the throttle for a half an inch and release the clutch slowly by moving the car

after you release full clutch
Change to next gear.
thnx bro but is this engine knocking normal? i mean the sound it makes i dont think its normal it should only push back if i give more acceleration in first gear but no sound should come out

I feel as you car is new.It needs propers run-in.As you follow proper run-in period for 1k issue may get sorted out.As far as swift petrol is concern no issues of low end torque i came across.Yes its doesnt pull strongly from 1000rpm but after 1800 rpm acceleration is strong till redline.HAPPY REVVING KSERIES.
proper run in yes how to maintain it properly tips please

Last edited by a moderator:

As far I know Swift and Ritz share same engine. I have Ritz Vxi which easily moves on releasing clutch only in 1st gear. The rpm of the vehicle while starting from garage remains 1000 but after driving for sometime [ when engine warms up to optimum level ] it settles down to around 700. Nevertheless it starts in 1st gear without application of accelerator. On a slope it requires the clutch to be placed at biting point and a bit acceleration.

Thread Starter #13
As far I know Swift and Ritz share same engine. I have Ritz Vxi which easily moves on releasing clutch only in 1st gear. The rpm of the vehicle while starting from garage remains 1000 but after driving for sometime [ when engine warms up to optimum level ] it settles down to around 700. Nevertheless it starts in 1st gear without application of accelerator. On a slope it requires the clutch to be placed at biting point and a bit acceleration.
thanks yes it does accelerate easily only if you slowly release clutch right? but if i suddenly release it stops

hi my car has suddenly started some cut cut noise from tyres what could be the problem air pressure is ok in all tyres

thanks yes it does accelerate easily only if you slowly release clutch right? but if i suddenly release it stops
That's how it is designed. Problem is not with the clutch / rpm, it is more to do with your driving skill (especially releasing the clutch)

Re: strange sound coming from tyres of new swift

- Is it from a single tire or all 4?
- at all times or during few occasions?
- at all roads or only at certain bad stretches?
- how far you are sure it is from tires only?

Top Bottom