@ Stingray, TSIVipul, Pravin,
very nice and Helpful Inputs
, I would quickly like to add something,
1) Owner, you were saying some indicators were coming up in Dashboard, which?
Also you said that coolant gague is NOT working? It could be a disconnected or faulty sensor. I seem confused by your words. Please explain.
2) yes Vipul, ECU does have a Processor. There are 2 main parts, the CPU and MAP chips. The MAP chips will store all the engine mapping like fuel pressure, RPM, temp compensation etc. Some cars have more than 1 maps. Like Zest which has 3 maps for City, Sport and eco.
3) In case of my Old safari 3.0L It had a unique problem. After driving the beast in Choking traffic (and idling with AC), the 3rd cylinder would misfire and whole vehicle would shudder violently before shutting down. Sometimes we had to push the vehicle out of traffic.
The problem was traced to an Overheating ECU rather than overheating engine or anything! Just like computers, These ECU are covered with metal heatsinks to help cool off. If dust or grime accumulates on the heatsinks, it may overheat and misfeed the engine. In such case Take a 12v Computer CPU fan and put it on the ECU and see if something improves.
4) As the owner said, ECU was sent for repairs sometime ago. Is it possible that the heatsink was not screwed on properly? What exactly repairing was performed? If it involved soldering, hand soldering can come off in Bad roads, In case you can get it re-soldered properly. Was thermal paste applied properly after ECU repair?
5) Buy a Digital multimeter and get us back with the following readings-
Battery Voltage with car OFF
Battery voltage with car ON
Voltage at ECU Pins (if you know how its done)
Temperature of radiator using Thermal probe.
6) Your is a 4 year old car with only 15k Kms running. During such long parking, Other issues like Rats chewing wiring,
Worms making homes in Circuits etc(very hard to find!)
Battery end of life
wires getting hard and peeling of insulation
Rust formation in Water cooling channels and hence Blockage.
etc can come up.
7) as the SVC guys said , Fuel signal is not working from ECU, does he mean whole ECU is dead or only fuel part is not working?
8) I too have an i10 Blue boy 1.1 IRDE and i have travelled 700Kms continiously with speeds upto 140KMPH. I know i10 has a relaible engine and does not overheat that easily. I was doing almost 5000 RPM at 140 for long stretches on 5 lane and temps never went above half.