Servicing Swift VDi (Done 43K Kms): Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Dear Members,

I am looking to get My Swift VDI serviced but on taking quotations and past experiences , i figured that the Service is too Costly , hence want your professional help to decide or help of where am i doing Wrong . as i read online service for many other people has been less than 50% of what i pay .

below are the parts being changed in the service

1. Filters Like oil , Diesel , Air .
2. coolant , Oil , break Oil
3. and Normal Service .

Total Estimated cost ;- 10000/- of which only oil Costs 3500/-

Please explain does diesel engines require Synthetic oil and do i need to change it every 10000 kms as the serivce part is really very costly .

Other than that My swift had been on an Accident 2 years ago and since you can find the details on an another post by me . Truck Rear ended My Swift.
Post this accident i have been facing many problems with the car and there is no response From MSIL whatsoever . Over the top a few things i have a problem with

1. Worst paint job ever .
2. Gaps between boot and Fenders range from 10-15 MM . ( Even water entered the car but was later repaired on complaining . )
3. Incomplete Job done hence Rear Shockabsorber bends and starts making Frustrating noise.

" Why am i telling you this is because , now the noise comming from the car is reached it saturation point and i have decided to repair it . as MSIL is not responding to me and even if i change the part they are gonna wear/Bend easily and start giving problems very soon . so will it be ok if i repair the car from a local mechanic rather then spending countless thousands on MASS .

Please advice .

Thanks & Regards
Jatin Ahuja

Re: Need Help with Swift VDI done 43000KMS

Dear Members,

I am looking to get My Swift VDI serviced but on taking quotations and past experiences , i figured that the Service is too Costly , hence want your professional help to decide or help of where am i doing Wrong . as i read online service for many other people has been less than 50% of what i pay .
its good to ask dear

3. and Normal Service .

Total Estimated cost ;- 10000/- of which only oil Costs 3500/-
estimated amount looks a bit high
Please explain does diesel engines require Synthetic oil and do i need to change it every 10000 kms as the serivce part is really very costly .
synthetic oil increases oil change intrel not service intreval
Other than that My swift had been on an Accident 2 years ago and since you can find the details on an another post by me . Truck Rear ended My Swift.
Post this accident i have been facing many problems with the car and there is no response From MSIL whatsoever . Over the top a few things i have a problem with

2. Gaps between boot and Fenders range from 10-15 MM . ( Even water entered the car but was later repaired on complaining . )
3. Incomplete Job done hence Rear Shockabsorber bends and starts making Frustrating noise.

" Why am i telling you this is because , now the noise comming from the car is reached it saturation point and i have decided to repair it . as MSIL is not responding to me and even if i change the part they are gonna wear/Bend easily and start giving problems very soon . so will it be ok if i repair the car from a local mechanic rather then spending countless thousands on MASS .
sorry to inform you
You are not the only person to face these issues
Poor insurance work is due to service station guys, please mail to MSL ,aggressively,
Mail them some snaps .
But affer all these need to be said as negative remarks when phone call from Maruthi after insurance cleared and car was delivered

As by far, 10000 rs for a service is too large, are they doing something else? Otherthan normal part changes?
Did you get the estimate and price of each parts they change?
Are they doing carbon cleaning? Engine flush? May charge more .

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

3. and Normal Service .
Total Estimated cost ;- 10000/- of which only oil Costs 3500/- Please explain does diesel engines require Synthetic oil and do i need to change it every 10000 kms as the serivce part is really very costly .
Hello Jatin, Appalled hearing your experience. Firstly, its not necessary to use a Full synthetic oil. You may very well go with mineral oil or at the max with semi-synthetic. Mineral oil needs a change between 5000 to 5500 Km mark. The products mentioned by you along with oil and all taxes should not go beyond 4.5 to 5 K. Normal Service for swift cant cost 10,000. The price difference between semi synthetic and full synthetic oil is around 2000/-.

A semi-synthetic oil can be changed at 10K which is actually necessary along with oil filter.

My swift had been on an Accident 2 years ago. Truck Rear ended My Swift.
Post this accident i have been facing many problems with the car and there is no response From MSIL whatsoever
I agree with paint job thing. Fender gaps are result of workmanship. Request you to change the ASC asap. The workers on floor are possibly technically incompetent.

this is because , now the noise comming from the car is reached it saturation point and i have decided to repair it . so will it be ok if i repair the car from a local mechanic rather then spending countless thousands on MASS .
Please change the ASC. If you are confident of any good mechanic in your vicinity then do give it a try and inform us dear.

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

some of the service centers ( every car company ) tries to rip off by changing unnecessary items or adding useless items to the bill.

i get my cars serviced from a local mechanic near to my home. i buy everything he tells me to and he changes everything in front of my eyes.

and i get every 5th-6th service from authorized service center since they do a thorough checking.
will suggest you to do the same.

and there must be everything mentioned in your service manual , which all things needed to be changed etc follow that and you won't get ripped off.

some of the service centers ( every car company ) tries to rip off by changing unnecessary items or adding useless items to the bill.

i get my cars serviced from a local mechanic near to my home. i buy everything he tells me to and he changes everything in front of my eyes.

and i get every 5th-6th service from authorized service center since they do a thorough checking.
will suggest you to do the same.

and there must be everything mentioned in your service manual , which all things needed to be changed etc follow that and you won't get ripped off.
Well said MR.
After 3rd free service leave the car outside to service,
You just don't want to leave car for dealer service, take your user manual, there will be many other authorised private service centers in town, talk with your maruthi owners, here in cbe, south India motors and abt famous for low cost service

Well said MR.
After 3rd free service leave the car outside to service,
You just don't want to leave car for dealer service, take your user manual, there will be many other authorised private service centers in town, talk with your maruthi owners, here in cbe, south India motors and abt famous for low cost service
Yup,well said,i own a 2003 model wagon r ,from 3rd service i have given it to a local skilled workshop,no major troubles till now.
I am planning to upgrade to swift zxi, but this time i am thinking whether to continue with authorised service itself or my old workshop.

One thing i would like to add is New cars ,engine technology moreover slightly upgraded, but the sensor based gadgets (ECU based) are highly advanced,so unless a workshop has high tech equipments more strain on vehicle.
eg- a component can be removed or installed in a typical way for a particular brand,but local workshop treat all vehicles moreover the same, which can be quite shocking as it puts more rough use on vehicle.
Mr.Jatin
Engine oil - Changed at 5000 km along with replacement of oil filter ( 1200-1400)
Air filter- Cleaning is required,replaced at 20000km(50/400-500)
gear oil- Topped up mostly 10000km ( 800-1000)
coolant- Level checked and topped up(800-1000)
Brake fluid-Level checked and topped up ( 500-700)
And these are all collectively normal service

At max Rs- 4000 (for diesel,excl labour)
If more than that you can cross check with exact prices of the above consummables.
Labour charges vary and some charge for tools and equipments used as workshop consummables.

Thread Starter #7
thankyou everyone for your Response .

will update you once i get it serviced . have not yet given it to service as also have to get an estimate of other charges to be levied as there are many different noise comming from Front and rear tyres.

Regards
Jatin

Top Bottom