What is YIES and High Sprint Gear on RX and Suzukis?

Thread Starter #1
Guys,I have this question.What is YIES and High Sprint Gear on RX and Suzukis ? What is different in them from the Normal Ones ? Also did they offer any specific advantage ?

Re: What is YIES and High Sprint Gear on RX and Suzukis ?

From another forum regarding YEIS, I took the quoted text below. Hope it helps.
The YEIS was nothing but a resonator. It's the rubber tube u see running from the intake manifold to the box below the fuel tank.'

It's only function was to feed the engine the right fuel/air mix when the throttle was rammed open to prevent the carb's lag in adjusting the fuel/air mix at the sudden opening of the throttle.
OT:
Here is the difference between RX100(wthout YEIS) and a RX with YEIS system. This is also from another forum.
1. The engine was not as free revving as the RX100. The latter would give you all she had to give when you tweaked it without any fuss. A RXG would make you work for it and you had to ride the power band to have fun with it, otherwise the power delivery was like a rubber band - not fun when you needed the power and had to count 1..2..3..4 before it kicked in.

Last edited:

It's YEIS - Yamaha Energy Induction System.
It is a small container attached between the carburetor and the intake manifold which act as a Air-Fuel mixture reserve / surge during rapid throttle opening (to compensate the lag from carburetor response) It is also called as power box, boost bottle, etc. The same technology is used by Kawasaki & Suzuki aswell (India specific - KB series and Suzuki Supra, AX series)
Give me sometime, I have an explanation Video

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

It's YEIS - Yamaha Energy Induction System.
It is a small container attached between the carburetor and the intake manifold which act as a Air-Fuel mixture reserve / surge during rapid throttle opening (to compensate the lag from carburetor response) It is also called as power box, boost bottle, etc. The same technology is used by Kawasaki & Suzuki aswell (India specific - KB series and Suzuki Supra, AX series)
Give me sometime, I have an explanation Video
Thank you very Much Mr.Boss and RSVB.So...Basically a Yammie with YEIS gives better Power when you need it through out the Powerband.Right ? Oh please,An explanation video is awesome.You can take time ! Was that same with Suzuki's High sprint gear ? Any idea on that ?

Thread Starter #6

I have seen it on Shaolins and Shoguns 5 Speeds.I have never seen it on the Supras.In fact the Unreleased Shadow too had High sprint Gear on it.I think it is a Short Throw system which helps the bike to accelerate faster or Something like that ! and BTW,Yammies with YEIS System had More or less or Same Mileage figures ?

log on to nagpurdarpan.com and see the gear ratios of each bike in AX series; Shogun's gear ratio differs from Max 100 which is also a four speed, but top gear ratio is the same; The top gear teeth of all the AX series bikes have 22:21. All are thinking that Shaolin has a fifth Gear for top speed, but it is actually a reduction Gear, where it takes 5 gears to achieve what Shogun's gearbox does in 4 Gears; both have 22:21 at top gear. Shaolin needs more torque at low end due to the reduction of 2 bhp; Shogun - 14 and Shaolin - 12; But Shadow must have got mileage/top speed Gear as it Got 16 horses in it; or else, they must have preferred up-sprocketing and have kept the same Gearbox; All Ax series have top gear ratio of 1:0.954; Shogun's gearbox is based on 16 bhp Supra SS, which had a 16 inch rear wheel; Supra SS is not designed for road-race but for dirt-race motocross.
Supra SS can beat Shadow in acceleration because: for the same BHP, lesser CC will have good acceleration. See the attachment for Supra SS.

Attachments

Top Bottom