Indica Turbo Tyres Rubs Shock Absorber and Negative Camber

Thread Starter #1
Hey,
This is nehalorn here .just joined this forum.
I have Tata indica turbo 2006 model.it has run 222000kms.the issue that I have been having is the tyre rubs the shock absorber if 3 people are seated in the back and also I get uneven tyre wear .I have put 185/60 R-14tyres over the stock 165.but the problem persists only on the left side .when I got the alignment done the left wheel had a negative 1.2 camber.the mechanic told me that it can't be corrected by adding a Sim or a metal strip and the trailing arm needs to be changed .I did that .and also have changed the shock absorber assembly .but now I have a negative .5 camber and now I have a issue with a negative 1.3 toe.please help me as my mechanic doesnt seem to know what to do

Looks like the hub has gone kaput.

I'd advise to get the wheel hub replaced.

BTW which tyre you are facing the issue with? Do respond, this is my time to retire but will turn back by tomorrow for sure.

Thread Starter #3
I am having Bridgestone potenza g3...gad the same issue with my previous a drives ..is there a way to get the tyres out,like adding a spacer or a plate

If the wheel alignment is out of spec even after changing the lower arm & damper, I doubt the body mountings (along with the hubs as mentioned by TSIvipul) Deformed body structure (especially the mounting area) will contribute out of spec alignment. Wheel alignment centres couldn't get this corrected. Take it to some professional mechanic.

PS: Jack up the vehicle and check for bearing free-play by shaking the wheel. If there is a play, it could be worn out wheel bearing.

Thread Starter #6
hi.
The car chassis is in very good condition and we have had the car since it was bought off the showroom floor.Now the mechanic is telling me that the new trailing arm is faulty.When i asked him to change it free of cost ,he gave me a lecture on how tata doesnt care about customers and doesnt provide support whatsoever .He told me that when he contacted the head of spares ,he was told that it was due to overloading that the trailing arm is damaged [confused]

If the tyres are of right size and so is the shocker then there are the chances that the effective length of the trailing arm is longer than it should be. In that case, the trailing arm can be at fault.

Get it checked and if it still doesnt work then check the mounting points etc for the fault.

Top Bottom