Sugar Poured in My Ecosport Engine Oil Chamber

Thread Starter #1
My driver has poured sugar in my Ecosport's engine oil chamber. initially i didn't knew that [frustration]. so I drove the car for around 100 KM and then after my car got struck in midway. I towed the car to Patna Service center, where after initial inspection they said your engine oil leaked. they said it is due to some manufacturing defect thus they will take some time to repair it under warranty.
2 days later they called me stating that someone has poured some sugar in the engine and now I have to replace the Engine, Turbo and Fuel Pump.
Its a big setback to me. please help me what can I do to save my hard earned money.

P.s. :- My engine is still working. when I turn turn the key it gives a jerk and stops. I guess If I pour some engine oil in engine and try to start. it will.
My car has Diesel Engine

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Sugar poured in my Ecosport

My driver has poured sugar in my Ecosport's engine oil chamber.
P.s. :- My engine is still working. when I turn turn the key it gives a jerk and stops. I guess If I pour some engine oil in engine and try to start. it will.
My car has Diesel Engine
Hi there! Pouring sugar in 2 wheeler I have heard and that used to be a prank![lol] but a 4 wheeler's engine is new to me. Anyway, Sugar is a sweetener but I don't think it mixes with fluids of engine! However it does hamper fuel supply. So, try out replacing the fuel pump and engine flush; it may work out.

I have found some relevant text regarding your problem. Have a read!

Yet, even though the sugar will not reach the engine in either syrup or solid state, it can clog the fuel filter or the fuel injectors, a circumstance which could stop a car. A little sugar in the tank could be dealt with by no more than having to change the fuel filter a few times, but a heavier sugaring would require the gas tank be removed from the car and dumped out. Tom and Ray Magliozzi (the hosts of radio's Car Talk) say it's not a big job for a good mechanic to drop the tank and clean it out; the process would likely cost the car's owner somewhere between $100 and $200. Though $100 to $200 is an appreciable sum, it is a far cry from the wished-for outcome of forcing the victim to have to replace the engine or scrap the car.
Why the holy god did your driver take this sweet revenge with the vehicle[confused]?

Read here

Regards

Akash

Extreme moment for a Owner. Fix it before it damages the rest of your engine.

Same thing happened in our town after a Owner scolded his driver. Sugar was poured in the Swift's Diesel tank and it damaged the injectors, fuel pump, firing area etc. The whole Engine Head was replaced along with new injectors and some supporting materials. The driver fled and was hiding for some days.

It's a rare case but,My Nephew once poured in Krishna oil into the Fuel Tank of our old Nexia.Luckily dad spotted it and nothing happened except the Fuel filter went Kaput.because sliht amount was poured in.This incident is sure a revenge.

My driver has poured sugar in my Ecosport's engine oil chamber. initially i didn't knew that [frustration]. so I drove the car for around 100 KM and then after my car got struck in midway. I towed the car to Patna Service center, where after initial inspection they said your engine oil leaked. they said it is due to some manufacturing defect thus they will take some time to repair it under warranty.
2 days later they called me stating that someone has poured some sugar in the engine and now I have to replace the Engine, Turbo and Fuel Pump.
Its a big setback to me. please help me what can I do to save my hard earned money.

My car has Diesel Engine
Let me be a bit harsh here and show you the reality:

Your engine is entirely gone buddy. The valves are now dead and so are the bearings. Maybe the engine can start but it can't work any more now.

Sugar is put in engine oil sump; that means when you drive then the sugar(which is basically a fantastic hydrocarbon) is now present in an another hydrocarbon(your engine oil).

Nothing happens in the initial kilometers but once your engine oil is heated enough to boil the sugar crystals inside it. The sugar gets liquified and due to some reaction(hell, I don't know what it is) it converts your engine oil into the worst enemy of the engine which turns into a sticky paste that can simply kill the lubrication of anything. The reason the Ford guys told you that the engine oil leaked because they wouldn't have found the oil in the inspection by opening the oil draining point. Its not because there was no oil in the car, it was because the oil was no more the oil, but was a paste stuck on nearly every part of your engine.

I am not sure about fuel pump and turbo, but engine block needs to be replaced for sure along with every bearing, valve of it - that makes the entire engine.

Coming to the other two, if turbo and fuel pump lubrication is done by the engine oil only, then they are also dead.

Sorry for stating it all in the face but I don't believe in misguiding.

Rest you are free to file a legal suit against the driver(if possible) and try to get insurance claim or shoot the ******* in head.

Last edited:
:(
Omg driver is a criminal.
Past is past
As said sugar will form as paste and stop lubrication and mess up everything
Due to heat and friction many parts would have damaged...
Better replace engine its best for some safety reason's.
File a FIR with driver and apply insurance.
All the best

If making dead the engine is so easy (by adding sugar), manufacturing company should make new lock for fuel lid opener (at present, anybody having access to car can have access to fuel lid opener), so that only person having exclusive key will have access to fuel lid opener, like secret box under seat or in boot.

The sugar trick is nothing new. I remember one of our workers taking revenge by pouring sugar into the tank of the generator. The whole thing had to be taken apart, cleaned and some parts replaced.

Probably the same is true for your engine. Take every action that makes the driver responsible and see that he does not get a job as a driver again.

Feel sorry for you .. had it been a Maruti or Tata would have advised you to do the repair outside as it would have been cheaper. With ES, no such chance.

bhvm

Honoured Member
what the hell!
why don't you track that terrorist and beat him black and blue?
alteast file a police Complaint against him! he has definitely done it on purpose and new engine etc will be very costly.

That's really sad buddy. hope your car recovers soon. that means a bomb in your pocket. I have a spare ford fiesta which is lying unused. i was going to scrap it as my driver had driven it without coolant and the head was worn of. i purchased the new head ( Used market ). which was pressure tested and everything was ok. but then the mechanic had done some electrical mistake while putting on the new head and that's when the ECU stopped working and ever since then. I have not spent a penny on the car as it was nothing but draining my pocket. IF you wish you can have the parts.

If making dead the engine is so easy (by adding sugar), manufacturing company should make new lock for fuel lid opener (at present, anybody having access to car can have access to fuel lid opener), so that only person having exclusive key will have access to fuel lid opener, like secret box under seat or in boot.
Sirji putting sugar in the fuel tank doesn't do much harm. It will hardly make your filter go kaput or maybe your injectors in some extreme cases, none else.
This case is of putting the sugar directly into the engine(oil sump), exactly where the sugar mixes directly with the engine oil.

The engine got seized after 100 kms of driving because first 20-30 kms would have been the time when the engine oil heated up and the sugar crystals melted and got dissolved into it. Next 30-40 kms would have been the time when the engine oil would loose its lubricating property and turn into a thick sticky paste and next 30 kilometers the valves would have fried, bearings gone kaput and overheating of the components would have killed the engine. This is how the engine gets the sweetly poisoned!

This incident puts a question mark on the chauffeurs. These days I have seen people looking for the chauffeurs who are asking for the least money and are willing to work 24X7 instead of looking for the good chauffeurs who may ask more but will care their vehicles. Finding a good chauffeur is definitely a tough task but what I have experienced is that if you find one who is dedicated towards his duty then your cars do live longer and serve you better; but good things do come at a price and one can easily expect a good chauffy who is well experienced to ask you at least 15-20k per month and that's where people get away.

The sugar trick is nothing new. I remember one of our workers taking revenge by pouring sugar into the tank of the generator. The whole thing had to be taken apart, cleaned and some parts replaced.
The older engines with mechanical injectors needed to be completely taken apart as the sugar can reach the cylinders too in those engines going through the filter and injectors. I guess you needed to clean the fuel tank and cylinders(as well as pistons) and required to change the injectors, filter and fuel line.

what the hell!
why don't you track that terrorist and beat him black and blue?
alteast file a police Complaint against him! he has definitely done it on purpose and new engine etc will be very costly.
I guess it should be possible to file a police complain here for causing mental as well as financial damage to the owner. The report from service center can serve as a proof, rest all you have to prove is that the chauffy did it on purpose.

BTW, where is the driver now?

That's really sad buddy. hope your car recovers soon. that means a bomb in your pocket. I have a spare ford fiesta which is lying unused. i was going to scrap it as my driver had driven it without coolant and the head was worn of. i purchased the new head ( Used market ). which was pressure tested and everything was ok. but then the mechanic had done some electrical mistake while putting on the new head and that's when the ECU stopped working and ever since then. I have not spent a penny on the car as it was nothing but draining my pocket. IF you wish you can have the parts.
No use; the fuel pump, injectors, turbo, engine block etc etc everything is different for the Ecosport and older gen Fiesta.

Top Bottom