How Clean is the Fuel We Get?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

just a query- how clean is the fuel we get at the pumps these days? Case in point- my observation that my new Swift doesnt have the same easy pickup it had when it was new a month back. Then no one could stay with me when I took off from a signal. Now I have to work the car a bit harder to get the same results

I didnt do injector cleaning at 1st service (dont remember if it was offered but doing it at just 700km made no sense). In the same breath, does it make sense to go for branded fuels like Speed or something

Ameyam

You can give a try to system-d it will definitely gives you better result.

like premiere diesel. after system-d i am feeling 40% difference in performance of my vista tdi [:d]

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
does it make sense to go for branded fuels like Speed or something
Fuel does play an integral part in performance of a vehicle. Better fuel gives better performance. Here is a link to help you understand the benefits of various petrol brands and their advantages for your vehicle.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
I know its high octane fuel and I know what higher octane number does- thats not the query here. Does it really help? For example, how many of us are actually using Speed v/s ordinary 80 something Octane pertol? And how often does it make sense to put in these high octane fuels- every time or once in a month or something like that?
My car is petrol by the way and I use up about Rs 1k of petrol a week

Ameyam

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Does it really help?
Yes it does in overall performance of the vehicle for sure.

how many of us are actually using Speed v/s ordinary 80 something Octane pertol? And how often does it make sense to put in these high octane fuels- every time or once in a month or something like that?
Matter of personal choice.

My car is petrol by the way and I use up about Rs 1k of petrol a week
That makes no difference as such. As I said its about personal choice. Premium fuel is expensive than ordinary one and quantity of both will also be different for INR 1000/-. But, for performance, premium fuel usage does make a difference.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #6
Let me rephrase my question- Does it make any sense to put in premium fuel as a cleanup agent once every month? Does it really do any cleaning within the engine? Otherwise, the performance of my Swift is just fine for city driving

Ameyam

it make very little difference based on the fuels you get in India..

Unless you get Shell VPOWER 100 RON .

Even then carbon buildup because of incomplete combustion is still present.

Unless you have 120 and above fuel its never gonna be carbon free.

So to answer your question.. it will make a very small difference, you will see more benefit with money spent on a good HHO system.

which will result in almost 80% improvement in mileage and long terms benefits include almost zero tail pipe emissions.

Premium fuels are bit high on octane and they make much less difference in cars performance. I would still recommend system G, which is available in HP bunks and i have seen bit of smoothness in engine, however, mileage i have not calculated. I have also noticed slightly better pick up in cars. system g I use regularly while buying petrol in unknown bunks no highways. Earlier opel corsa openly recommended usage of system G and opel was taken to court by one guy for suggesting it for better mileage. Opel's contention was fuel was too adulterated in india. maruti earlier used to recommend this. However, one of my friends Dzire is using system g for smooth running of engine.
Regards
MoRa.

Thread Starter #11
teamphd60 ,
acronyms don't help if you are explaining / informing a new concept to people. Not everyone is born educated[anger]

AFAIK, HHO is still at prototype stage. EITINTC, the infrastructure is still not in place, so that discussion will be pure academic. In the short run, ethanol provides a higher octane number than plain petrol, they why are manufacturers not making compliant cars?

Ameyam

Last edited:
I ain't explaining anything new, well I reckon most people will Google when they are not sure of something as we are already online in a forum.

HHO is already in place in many vehicles and it really works. I have already seen a installation in India on an Toyota Innova 2.5

It gives fantastic mileage.

HHO right now is a not a standalone replacement for fossil fuels, its a companion.

Its already being used in Public Transport Buses in Taiwan.

The reason I say Good HHO system, is almost 90% of all HHO systems in the market are near to crap but 1, only 1 company in the world produces a fit and almost forget system.

The system would cost about Rs60k to Rs70k for a vehicle like the Toyota Innova.

In India people can't afford to buy this system and even if they could they would be more interested in with rims, paint, exhausts ICE etc.

And manufacturers have already made ethanol complaint engines, In Brazil there are many Ethanol fuel pumps.

Apparently Ethanol is damaging to the Engines a new report says... I wonder if its true or the OIL companies doing their part to dilute anything that affects their income?

Ethanol in India will come in time. let's see...

anyway i use a fuel funnel filter every time I fill up fuel, it removes water and other particles...

Top Bottom