Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Starting a dedicated thread as a central point to discuss build, quality issues, niggles faced by Ciaz owners. If a problem is widespread, sales guys will still try to rub it off or simply give eyewash. Having such central thread about build, quality issues will give more backing to owners proving that certain types of issues are more widespread rather than just one off or "yeh to normal hi hai" pitch by SAs.

Please post ownership reviews in other section. You may provide it's link here.

1. One such issue I can list if gear shifting is not sleek as compared to even Swift. Worth pushing to fix it under warranty.

2. One user on other website has reported iPhone bluetooth connectivity is not working for him. An Android user has confirmed on TAI forum that connectivity is ok for him - no issues there. Any iPhone+Ciaz owners facing same issue?

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Owners : Central thread to discuss build/quality issues, niggl

Almost all the cars have issues and I don't think we need a separate thread to discuss the Ciaz issues, as of now. It is a very new car and there are old cars with continuous issues like new City, but we don't have any threads for that. Also Grand i10 owners were complaining about steering issues and break problems, Zest owners about mud in engine bay, Verna owners with suspension issue etc. So let us give some more time to Ciaz

Just my opinion.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Owners : Central thread to discuss build/quality issues, niggl

2. One user on other website has reported iPhone bluetooth connectivity is not working for him. An Android user has confirmed on TAI forum that connectivity is ok for him - no issues there. Any iPhone+Ciaz owners facing same issue?
Update from other thread by raag73
> I connected Samsung S4 mini in exactly 45 seconds.

Thread Starter #4

Update from other thread by raag73
> I connected Samsung S4 mini in exactly 45 seconds.
Update from mactejus @ TAI
>>I have an iPhone 5s and iPhone 5, Both are connecting without any hassle.

So, I guess this is a non-issue.

Update from mactejus @ TAI
>>I have an iPhone 5s and iPhone 5, Both are connecting without any hassle.

So, I guess this is a non-issue.
Yes Bro, Its not an issue. No problem in connecting another android phone too

Coming to the topic, I had clutch cylinder set and clutch oil replaced under warranty and it is a common problem for all Ciaz diesel cars. So, anyone facing changes in gear to be hard, Please go ahead and intimate the issue to maruti, They are taking efforts for best customer care. They gave me SX4 till they gave my car back [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Technical Issues and Solutions

Coming to the topic, I had clutch cylinder set and clutch oil replaced under warranty and it is a common problem for all Ciaz diesel cars. So, anyone facing changes in gear to be hard, Please go ahead and intimate the issue to maruti, They are taking efforts for best customer care. They gave me SX4 till they gave my car back [:D]
This is the exact purpose of this thread - centralized place to know what issues/niggles are common (e.g. clutch set/oil) and which ones are non-issue (e.g. iPhone bluetooth connectivity).

This kind of info being available at central place helps other owners very much.

Thread Starter #8

Call spade a spade. Call 'recall' 'a recall' - no ^%^&* 'service campaign'.

How the hell such issue slipped through all the cracks. They are playing with peoples life. I am pretty pissed off.

How the hell such issue slipped through all the cracks. They are playing with peoples life. I am pretty pissed off.
It could happens in most outsourced components and in this case a batch of cars have slipped through.
Speculations are the suspect seems to be Clutch Master Cylinder at this and Maruti is calling to inspect/ replace the Clutch master cylinder.
The clutch was facing problems. In a few cases, the clutch had become totally spongy due to air getting into the system. The master cylinder is being changed in this recall.
The service is free of cost for the customers and can also be manually checked by the customer by going at the company's website Maruti Suzuki Best Petrol CNG Diesel Cars in India. Customers have to fill in the chassis number (MA3 followed by a 14 digit alpha-numeric number), to know if their car is eligible for the check-up. Alternatively, customers may also visit the nearest Maruti Suzuki dealer workshop to ascertain if their vehicle is among the above vehicles.
Maruti's service campaign to check Ciaz clutch assembly - AutoPortal

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Maruti Suzuki, has recalled the Ciaz sedan to inspect and replace the relevant part of clutch operation system. This recall is affects 3,796 units of the Ciaz (manual transmission) manufactured till November 7, 2014.
Call spade a spade. Call 'recall' 'a recall' - no ^%^&* 'service campaign'. How the hell such issue slipped through all the cracks. They are playing with peoples life. I am pretty pissed off.
Friends,

Much before this official "recall"being issued I had highlighted this problem in the official Ciaz thread of our forum. Here is an excerpt of my post.

Dear All,

An Important Update: Maruti Suzuki Dealers have been advised to carry out a proper PDI check on the yet-to-be delivered Ciaz models. What I have seen today is that in the initial batch of vehicles allocated to my uncle's dealership, not 1 but 2 Ciaz have undergone Clutch pedal check because there was a niggle with the Clutch release baring.
Here is the link to my post along with clutch testing video.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

My Buddies,

Whole day spent in looking after the Ciaz's recent niggle i.e Clutch issue due to which batch of cars manufactured till 7th November 2014 have been called by the company. Actually, as per official feed back given to me, there was slight sponginess in the clutch in 1 particular vehicle. As it was detected hence Maruti has issued their consent to re-check the Ciaz cars manufactured in a particular batch.

Here is the spare part that is being changed!

photo2756.jpg

photo2757.jpg

photo2762.jpg

The cost of the assembly is INR 1250/- which is being done by dealers only.

Requesting members, In case they have a query regarding this then they are welcome to ask to me. Shall be giving them reply as per official feedback.

I have also requested for a product book of Ciaz. Will be with me in a day or two. So, any technical query regarding Ciaz can be dealt over here on The Automotive India itself.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Team,

Below is the Exclusive Official Product Book of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz which has all details about it right from conceptualization.

It is humbly requested by me to all members and guests at The Automotive India not use the slides of this official product book without due credit to MSIL and The Automotive India and Mr. Jag Mohan.

Duplication of this soft copy i.e Creating a duplicate presentation of the product book is not allowed.

View attachment Maruti Ciaz Official Product Book.pdf

Regards

Akash

Hi akash1886 , this is good, can you also get hands on the service manual for ciaz if possible.

Thread Starter #15

[haryanaroyals] I feel that lot of tyre noise creep inside cabins.
[Ciazzz] Please check the tyre pressure. I too faced similar noise. Pressure in all 4 tyres was 44. After a month, finally this was identified an pressure was maintained as recommended 32. Now no issue. All dealers overfill air in tyres while delivery. My personal experience.

Top Bottom