Maruti Suzuki Omni: Technical Queries & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hi every one. I am new for TAI. one fine day i am in google i saw Tai and came inside .after get in i seen post and thread of (varun560061,rao66,ss80,rayal) especially i like varun's my modified 800 thread. i read full post night fully that much i like his modification job and diy.

And My self viswanathan (viswa). i own tvs apache rtr. i am doing business (textile), now in tirupur. birth place salem. i love driving.

And now coming to the point i plan to buy maruti omni for both business and own purpose, so i choose omni. when i think to buy a car in my mind first came alto 800 or santro. my wife too like that only but my mum and dad told for business we want omni only and for easy ingress its only omni. so i to finally decided to get omni.

But i have some doubts

are omni engine and 800 engine same?

same engine means why can't ac fit in omni?

does omni gives same mileage that 800 give?

for servicing omni is easy DIY or I have to go to MASS?

does omni comes with brake booster?[confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Buying a Maruti Omni: General Technical Queries

[:)] thanks for quick reply akash. but my doubt is ac can possible in omni

Akash1886

Honoured Member

my doubt is ac can possible in omni
See, the AC vents can be roof mounted for rear passengers like the one's that come in Ertiga. In the front you will get 2 vents just like other vehicles.

3596645911_8fabfcc2f6.jpg

The main concern is where to place the AC machinery in OMNI since the engine is located beneath the driver's seat. At the best you can make a place for AC machinery below the front passenger seat.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5

so aftermarket fan fitting is only way for this ...and any other aftermarket cooling mechanism have with out connect to engine just by battery source it will work like that?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

any other aftermarket cooling mechanism have with out connect to engine just by battery source it will work like that?
Well not that I can think of as of now. Why don't you give a look on the Maruti Eeco? It is also a good vehicle for personal/ commercial purpose and sits 7 passengers comfortably and comes with an OEM AC too.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7
ya eeco is also correct choice for both business and personal but its financial problems to get eeco[cry]. omni second hand well maintain comes around 1.5 to 2 thats why i stick in omni [lol]

Suppose o fit fan front one and in back two fan means is it affect battery that remains battery will withstand that. any extra battery arrangement need? or alternator upgrade need?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8

today i seen omni badge in rear boot as (omni) in some van and (omni E)in some van, is it any difference in this omni/omni E?

Top Bottom