Fixing Chandelier Within a Automobile?

Re: Fixing Chandelier within a Automobile.

Why NOT ? Part of Roof, where you would mount it, needs to be strengthened by local jugaad; I mean a 6mm to 10mm circular/elliptical steel plate of required dimensions on the outside of roof to bolt the Chandelier (from inside the vehicle). Then you need to address inverter to take care of power requirement. If it is a bus, then a 500VA inverter should do it perfectly (300VA, if you use CFL or LED lamps). Ensure wires are routed thro' a Plastic Cable Duct. Ensure people do not bump into it.

Bingo, you've got what you wanted. AND, post the post OPS Pics. It would be fun to see [evil].

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Dear Prashant,

If at all this is possible then I feel after fixing the Chandelier the most important thing that needs to be watched upon is the head room and the visibility of IRVM since this Chandelier would appear to be an obstruction.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4

Thanks.

In Case the chandelier Product is possible to integrated within a bus or car will there be safety Required?

Thanks & regards
Prashant s akerkar

Hi Prashant,

Now a days we already got AC, TV, Refrigerator, Music System and even Bed and Travel urinals in our cars and buses. The only point is these are not the one we could see in our houses.
Let it be a TV or refrigerator or bed, the size of all these are much smaller compared to one we use at home. But they can serve the purpose to an extend too.

Likewise the purpose of chandelier is to provide an attractive look. Go and search for smaller sized chandelier which is built in such a way that which can withstand all kinds of jerks and shakes of the automobile and also which are small enough to fit in the available space.

If you do some google search, you can see the pics of cars fitted with chandelier and most of them are small enough to suit well in the interior.[:)]

Whats the purpose of this question, just for a discussion or are you planning to get it done?

Regards.,

...Whats the purpose of this question, just for a discussion or are you planning to get it done? ...
He's asking this here; asking about using a Smartphone to Lock / Unlock Car in another thread. He's up to something groovy. Prashant [cheers] in advance.

Man Really?
I did not realize it was possible until I Googled "in car chandelier" and found some very interesting results in the Image section.
Good Luck and [clap] if you have undertaken a project like this and do not forget to share with the TAI-gers regarding the outcome and total procedure.

Thread Starter #9

Thanks.

I feed from the safety point of view it
Would be better to fixing the chandelier on the
Car Ceiling instead of hanging when the car or
Bus is in Motion.

Thanks & regards
Prashant s akerkar

A chandelier with NO loosely hanging parts is preferred.

PS: I read your question as "From safety point of view, which is better : a chandelier with moving parts or one without moving parts ? The answer lies in the question itself. If this is not what you meant, my apologies.

bhvm

Honoured Member
you may easily fix one.
but I think the old maharaja style ones dangle a lot and May break or hit someone in potholes. try some sleeker model.

else, how about running RGB led strips through the cieling rather than chandeliers?

Top Bottom