Fluidic Verna Cabin AC Air Filter Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

My car is just a year old and on 1.7k km. Since the start I always run the ac on the cabin/inside air mode. There have two options let outside air in or let inside air circulate. I do use this mode to prevent outside dust into the car. But still I noticed dusts in the dash and at the air vents surrounds.

Yesterday I went to clean the cabin air filter and when I opened I found its just a plastic screen (black plastic net type) its not a true air filter. Then I guess why dust was coming inside. Its almost like the attached image (black). But I saw in US Verna/Accent has a filter different type filter, same as the engine air filter materiel (attachment white). The type of filter or screen it has now it cannot prevent tiny piece of dusts.

Don’t know how Hyundai says CLEAN AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any verna owner can confirm that we all have the same?

Do you guys advice to upgrade it by something like engine air filter material to make the air more clean. I have an homemade idea by using a dry baby wiper. Which will work best but it will require changing frequently. Or could something like this put pressure on the ac components?

Please advice. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
I cleaned my car's filter after 8 months with 5000 KMs running. It wasn't this dirty though. And by the clean air ,what Hyundai means is ionized air I think.

Sometime I feel, you got a faulty product. Take ASS soon and fix the issues. Also recommend you to drive as much you can, so that any issues crops up can be fixed with in warranty.

Dust can settle up even during slight intervals of opening of doors , even from floor mats.
Regarding the cabin a/c filter the material may be coated with chemicals that can trap the minute particles within the filter mesh.The odo is just 1.7k right,let it go till 10000 km.Then anyway the service staff will replace the screen mesh.

If you are so particular check it out during next service.

Thread Starter #4
I cleaned my car's filter after 8 months with 5000 KMs running. It wasn't this dirty though. And by the clean air ,what Hyundai means is ionized air I think.

Sometime I feel, you got a faulty product. Take ASS soon and fix the issues. Also recommend you to drive as much you can, so that any issues crops up can be fixed with in warranty.
Hi Kentkits, Thanks for your feedback. I don’t mean it’s a faulty stuff. The screen/net type isn’t enough to prevent tiny piece of dusts. So I was wondering to upgrade it. When I cleaned it for the 1st time, it wasn’t too dirty as well.

Thread Starter #5
Dust can settle up even during slight intervals of opening of doors , even from floor mats.
Regarding the cabin a/c filter the material may be coated with chemicals that can trap the minute particles within the filter mesh.The odo is just 1.7k right,let it go till 10000 km.Then anyway the service staff will replace the screen mesh.

If you are so particular check it out during next service.
Actually it has no chemicals coated, it’s a basic thin net which can block dusts and large pieces. But cannot be a true air filter. As the interior is light color I never run with open window to prevent it from dust. But still I can see little dust in air vent outlets.

Servicing wont fix it as it is a stock product and not a faulty one.

Top Bottom