Swift VDi Knocking Sound When Accelerating

Thread Starter #1
I own a 2013 swift vdi which has clocked 37k km. recently i hear a knocking like sound when accelerating. This occurs only in the cold start and goes away when temp gauge reaches the optimum temp. Is this normal or do i have to take it to ASS.

Re: Swift vdi knocking sound when accelerating.

I own a 2013 swift vdi which has clocked 37k km. recently i hear a knocking like sound when accelerating. This occurs only in the cold start and goes away when temp gauge reaches the optimum temp. Is this normal or do i have to take it to ASS.
Will you idle the car for 2 min in the morning before moving...??
Also idle the engine for a minute before you turn it off.
Follow this for a couple of days to observe the change before taking the car to A.S.S.

Thread Starter #3

Will you idle the car for 2 min in the morning before moving...??
Also idle the engine for a minute before you turn it off.
Follow this for a couple of days to observe the change before taking the car to A.S.S.
I always follows the idling rule. The noise is present until the temp gauge reads two blocks from bottom. Once it stabilized there, the engine sounds normal.

Warm-up is not strictly necessary with most modern engines as long as you drive it gently for the first few kms. Rather, it sounds like an issue with fuel quality (too little octane). Try switching to a filling station with a good reputation or a higher octane fuel blend!

Top Bottom