Car Wobbling in Rear. Tyre Problem

Thread Starter #1
Hello,
My stock GoodYear tires has run 30,000kms. There is problem with one or two of the tires which is put at rear. At low speed the car wobbles. I ran one of the tyre with a small puncture for few hundred kms (as air was leaking very gradually I didnt noticed it).

I suspect the problem could be in only one tyre with the side walls. I was advised to replace the tires while doing wheel balancing/alignment (I do balancing/alignment for every 5k-kms). The threads are fine. Should I replace all the 4 tires? Will it cause any damage to car chassis or to breaks if I continue running it?

Please advise. Thanks!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Check the tyre surface (not the tread but the face where good year isnwritten) if it's flat it shouldn't be a problem , if you feel a bulge or a wave type of thing then you need to change the tyre.

Sir,More than the tyre,I think the Rear wheel rim of your Car is slightly bend making it wobble.But also check what Mr.Allhyundaicars told.

Hi Kirubasuthan, As rightly pointed above check the side walls of your rear tire (both), also take off both the rear wheels from the car and check the tread side for any bulges or damages.
I had faced similar issue in my Ritz where bulges on the tread side of the tire were the culprit.
If you have no bulges or damages on your tires, I advice you to take your car to a reputed wheel alignment and balancing centre and get all 4 tires properly balanced.
This wobbling issue can happen due to these reasons-
Wheel rim bend- get it straighten and balanced if found.
Balancing out- Get it balanced at a reputed shop
Bulges on tire- Replace that tire.

Top Bottom