Caution: Honda Amaze / City iDTEC - Engine Clogging

AMG

Suspended
Re: Caution : Honda Amaze / City iDTEC - Engine clogging

Honda can make a diesel engine even if their life depended on it.

Not surprised.

People use to swear by Honda reliability, it was used as a weapon to bash the Tata, Mahindras and likes not withstanding the fact that diesels of Honda were yet to enter in Indian automotive scene.

Anyways, it will be interesting to know Hondas approach for the problem.
Presently, they have given estimate of Rs 2.5 L:eek: and on the top of it Honda representative has advised him not to drive in rains. [frustration]

Honda city D was on my list but now fingers crossed.

Last edited:

That is scary and same time, hearing that it will not be fixed under warranty is a shock! Why the hell would I pay for mistake made by the company? Just by trusting them and buying means, you are being cheated! Honda should do something to fix it up in new batches as well as old ones. If not, their reputation will hang in the air.

Thats really absurd if brand like honda will give explanation like this . Being a maruti owner i was always fascinated by brand honda if not luxury but tho premium it really anguished be that honda says that amaze should not be driven in rains it is written in owners manual these types of issues are raising serious quality concern among a lot of honda loyalist. [frustration]

Thread Starter #8
Honda revised the air intake plumbing on the 2014 cars
Quoting from other forum. Someone please confirm.

If the above statement is true, either Honda should recall & retrofit or cover the damage under warranty (former is best solution, later is a costly affair)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Another forum member also wrote this for his amaze.

. Speedsatya
10- Some component of the air intake ( not sure what it's called ) replaced under warranty within a few months of buying ( don't remember when ) guess this was a precautionary measure to prevent hydrolocking

Totally a nightmare for Honda Diesel Owners. Read in other forum that after stalled in a Highway and then repaired an Amaze was advised not to drive in rain. Pity that it is from Honda which have a huge fan following because of its reliability reputation.

hi,
i am mandar from pune
this is my first post on The Automotive India.
I would like to thank all the moderators for registering me on your forums.

Well my first question : What has honda done to eliminate the problem of hydrolocking in honda amaze as is read on TAI and may other forums?

Mandar

Thread Starter #15
Don't know about Hondas, but Bafna dealer was installing some extention pipe so as to bring the air intake from area near the bonnet.
can you please post some snaps?
Dealerships can't make such modification without the direction from OEMs. Manufacturer hold the right to reject future warranty if any such unauthorized modifications were made.

Top Bottom