Expecting a Better Mileage From Your Bike? Read This!

Thread Starter #1
> How to increase Mileage?
> Low mileage on my bike, Tips please?
> How to extract maximum mileage out of my bike with simple methods ?

So, these questions should end by this thread[:)]

Follow these simple tips to increase your mileage by a certain extent:

1) Service your motorcycle engine at regular intervals. An engine in a bike is the heart for a two wheeler machine. So try to make sure it stay healthy, out of unwanted sludge. The better way to achieve it is keep a record over service manual and look up into the brand booklet as when it is recommended to go for a new service.

2)One of the main factor that affects mileage on negative note is the quality of oil that the engine consumes to retain virtuosity. Always go for some better oils and the ones that are recommended as per engine configurations.

3) Stay tuned to mechanics! I am sure here you will be asking me virtually as what do we know about mechanics and how to apply same on our bike. A simple answer to your question goes as follows: Don’t twist the throttle at sudden, let bike gain velocity by applying average acceleration. Also avoid playing with speed; never engage brakes at sudden to roll down speedo needle at once. Ride at uniform speeds, Re-Tune And Clean the carb if necessary, AFR ratio Plays A Very Great Role For a Better FE !

4) Make sure you ride your bike when its engine is warm. No doubt you can not make sure that bike engine remains warm all the time, but you can organize your trip in better ways. Always remember, a cold engine consumes more fuel than a warmer one.

5) Tyres don’t only ride your machine but they play a role in balancing fuel consumption too. Maintain recommended tyre pressures on both ends. (usually written on a sticker over fuel tank/please find a slip with the recommended pressure on the side of your ride's swing arm )

6) Engine idling is very rare as a concept to maintain better fuel efficiency. Adjust it in a fine way !

7) Make sure that your Ride's Air Duct (INTAKE)/ Filter is not clogged ! Let the engine breathe easy and free !

8) Make your air/fuel mixture lean till some extent. Don't make it too lean as it would give birth to starting problems!

9) Change the engine oil , gear oil. As they drive you smooth!

10) Clean and correctly adjust the spark plug. Change the spark plug if necessary.

11) Fill fuel from reputed petrol bunks like Shell, etc.

12) Try to avoid unnecessary brakes.

13) Maintain the Speed between 40-50 Km/h for best Fuel Economy.

14) Check free movement of brake liners.

15) Last But not the Least, Over Rev = Poor Fuel-Economy.

Hope you got some useful measures and suggestions for maintaining Best Fuel Economy.

NOTE: These measures MAY apply to scooters as well.

P.S. : (GREAT) Work done by my (Facebook)Friend “Praveen Babu” and some edits by me. Credits to my friend "Praveen Babu".

Re: Expecting A Better Mileage On Your Bike? If Then Please Go Through The Below Thre

Informative, but please do mention the source if the article if it is not your own words

PS: avoid too many bold / underlined sentences. It results in poor readability.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Expecting A Better Mileage On Your Bike? If Then Please Go Through The Below Thre

Informative, but please do mention the source if the article if it is not your own words

PS: avoid too many bold / underlined sentences. It results in poor readability.
I already mentioned Facebook.

Sorry for that. I will avoid too many bold sentences. Thanks for your tip. I am still learning all these things.

Top Bottom