Maruti Esteem Drive Shaft Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hi
Guys
Had this issue, I own a Maruti Esteem MPFI 2002 model, I recently replace the LH drive shaft by myself cause it was making noises while turning, As i did not have the gear box oil filling tool i went to a local mech, who told me that the shaft was not fit properly, he removed and fitted it again, which i doubt he did a proper job than me. The same day i went to Pune a distance of about 250km from my place, the car worked perfectly, i was in excess of speeds of 100kph, When i reached Pune and Was on a bridge the car all of a sudden became neutral, though the engine was on the car would not move even if it was in gear, there was a lot of traffic jam because of me, Later when i moved the car to a safe distance, i figured out that the Lh shaft had come out of the gearbox, I some how slid it back in with great diffculty, cause it was night time and i had my family with me. And no Proper Tools.My question is what would have happned if the shaft came out when i was speeding at 100kph, anways to prevent it... I am scared to speed my vehicle again for the fear of the shaft comming out.

Possible causes:
- Wrong part usage (may be of shorter length)
- Completely worn out engine mounts (engine vibrates a lot such that the vibration / engine movement is more than the sliding length of drive shaft)

Like, which side of the shaft came out (differential side or wheel side )
Left side that is the passanger side.
His question is something else. It's not "which side drive shaft" He asked "which side of the drive shaft", the end connected to the differential or the wheel

Thread Starter #6
When i got the drive shaft fixed in Pune, on the return trip it did not come out, but the gearbox oil seal is damaged and is leaking transmission oil.

Top Bottom