Antenna Fixing Location(s) in Automobiles

Thread Starter #1
What would be the ideal location/s for fixing Antenna in automobiles viz Cars, Luxury Buses, Trucks to receive radio signals viz FM, AM frequencies ?.

Can there be any advantage of fixing more than one antenna in different locations ?.

Are there automobiles viz Cars, Luxury Buses, Trucks etc which can receive the radio signals without fixing a antenna ?.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=a...a=X&ei=j4YrVIu-DpeeugSYz4GwCg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Attachments

Re: Antenna fixing location/s in automobiles.

Are there automobiles viz Cars, Luxury Buses, Trucks etc which can receive the radio signals without fixing a antenna ?.
I think CIAZ has a glass antenna printed on the rear glass like in the SX4.

Re: Antenna fixing location/s in automobiles.

Hi Prashantakerkar,
Yes, Vehicles can receive FM signals without the external antenna as well, as my car doesn't have one due to stock issues couldn't get it fitted. However, the signals would be too weak, and noisy, so it wouldn't help much.
Also, these days, many cars have a marked place to get it installed, eg: Eon has a spot marked on the roof to get it fitted just above the front windshield area.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you.

1. Can there be any advantage of fixing more than one antenna in different locations within the automobile ?.

2. Can the Antenna fixing location also be implemented in heavy vehicles viz
Luxury Buses, Trucks, Tempos etc ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashantakerkar,
Yes, Vehicles can receive FM signals without the external antenna as well, as my car doesn't have one due to stock issues couldn't get it fitted. However, the signals would be too weak, and noisy, so it wouldn't help much.
Also, these days, many cars have a marked place to get it installed, eg: Eon has a spot marked on the roof to get it fitted just above the front windshield area.
Could you please tell which model car you are using. most of the cars available in India have either a space marked for antenna/or an internal antenna fixed.

Thank you.

1. Can there be any advantage of fixing more than one antenna in different locations within the automobile ?.

2. Can the Antenna fixing location also be implemented in heavy vehicles viz
Luxury Buses, Trucks, Tempos etc ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
1. I dont feel any advantage in fixing more antennas in a car unless it is connected to your music system, which has only one input socket for FM antenna. I am not sure whether joining 2 or more antenna connections will do better.
The best signal reception will be from the longer antenna which can be fixxed in bonnet or boot door and available aftermarket.Stock antennas will also last more.
The expandable type antenna usually foound in the old maruti cars have good reception but rain/water will damage it within some years. The electronic anteena fixing inside the car is beter in this case, but not sure it will last longer or not.
I am not sure about the motorised antenna available in some earlier model sedans or SUVs.
2.I think all the vehicles which have a company built body have option for that. if not available,it ca be easily fixed from aftermarket shops.

Last edited:

Top Bottom