Hero Karizma R Stalling Issue

Thread Starter #1
just back from a 700 km trip of chennai-bangalore. the upward trip of 340 was done in one stretch without any breaks as it was urgent. i started back today early morning from bangalore after riding for 30 kms the bike started to loose power and was stalling when driven below 60kms past 60 there was no problem. i made a stop for 10 mins as i got call from mom and started back. the bike refused to start after 2 cranks the bike started but it was stalling more. then i rode for 40 kms and stopped for a tea break and when i cranked again the bike refused to start. i did all trouble shooting measure like opening the tank, using kick start. the bike would after 2 or 3 cranks and would idle for 4 seconds and then i apply throttle it would die. then it will start after 3 cranks, then i pushed the bike to a road side mechanic as it was early morning.

he cleaned the air filter, carb and the bike started withtout any hassle. he said that the auto choke mechanism is not getting realeased. i didn't get in. i just moved as i need to reach chennai soon, the stalling issue was there for another 10 kms and it disapperared and it didn't come till i reached chennai. got a mileage of 42 and there was no drop in performance or reduction is oil level or smoke from the exhaust.

is there anything called autochoke mechanism? this issue occured some 2 months back when i went for short trip of 150kms.

i want the bike to be hassle free as i go for long rides often. what are the things need to be checked?

Last edited:

Top Bottom