Wagon-R Brake Oil Empty Very Frequently

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

i met with accident on the noida expressway couple of months ago. in that accident my whole break assembly i think which master break cylinder was replace as there was crack on that.

after getting the full car repaired i am facing a issue with the brake, the oil is getting empty very frequently, in a month i think i have 2 bottles of brake oil in the car. when the hand break indicator is on i again pour some oil in that and runs fine and brakes are also working fine no issues with the break.

i have also check the leakage, but there is no mark of oil traces in the car or outside the car.

i also hear some sound when i press the break pedal very harsh or fast, a sound "wwoofffhhhh" like if you pump something very fast in a pipe like thing sound.

please help me out regarding the same.

regards
ankit

Master cylinder, complete brake line and calipers, all need to be thoroughly checked.
You simply can't take risk with brakes and since the brake oil is getting drained, it simply means that there is some leakage and you never know when the leakage will increase or may result in even sudden loss of pressure in hydraulic circuit resulting in a complete failure.

My recommendation is to get it checked as soon as possible and if the issue still persists then get the complete circuit replaced, nothing costs more than safety and peace of mind.

Ankit,
get the brake pipes thoroughly checked. As you are saying that there is no visible leakage it may happen that the pipe(under the carpet) or joint(near the firewall) has some leaks.
Few years ago I came across a brake oil loss case and found that the carpet was soaking all the brake oil and there was no leakage in exterior.

Hi Ankit very first thing to check is brake booster sometimes master cylinder leaks from backside & oil seeps in brake booster due to this seepage there is no oil leakage outside but still brake oil seeps inside the booster , a bit of confirmation is a sound "wwoofffhhhh"

Please also check rear tyre rim from inside to confirm leakage if any

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
thanks for the comment people , i am planning to visit my mechenic soon, but not facing any problem in brakes.
but yes future concerns and safety specially. so soon will visit as i get time from office.
there are many pipes from master cylinder, do i have to check it?? and how i can check those and how can i check inside the car for the leakage.??

Ankit,

I also got the same problem. I met with a small accident by hitting the part underneath the hood while getting my waggy move for parking. There is a small bend in the exhaust which i have rectified after taking to the ASS. But after that my frequency of topup bake fluid increase. So not taking any change take car to ASS and share my problem. They change some of the spares and issue rectified. Overall cost for that is 6K including labour.
I will share the bill details and pic of the spares changed.

Top Bottom