Toyota Etios Liva Diesel: No Turbo Idling Needed?

Thread Starter #1
I purchased a new toyota liva diesel. Asked service engineer of need of turbo idling but he said no need for turbo idling for toyota liva. i do not understand its a fgt but does it not require oil lubrication or is is it not oil lubricated.

Maruti Suzuki instructs not to idle before driving off a Diesel/Petrol - Correct?

@ Mods couldn't find a similar topic hence starting a thread. Please merge if anything like this exists

Maruti Suzuki says not to idle before starting but an alternate method. Screenshot:

Car Care for Maruti Suzuki Car Owners
Go to Fuel Efficiency > Read More
While most recommend idling for 30-60 secs before starting off, MSIL doesn't. Is this just to trick customers into getting more mileage or do they really mean it?
The Beat TCDi that I own has the same engine (Suzuki DDiS / Fiat MJD) but downsized, and the Owner's Manual instructs to idle for 30-60 seconds as mentioned above. What's more, it also tells to avoid driving away/revving the engine till the engine has warmed up as opposed to MSIL's method. WTH, can anyone please explain?

Thanks.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Maruti Suzuki instructs not to idle before driving off a Diesel/Petrol - Correct?

@ Mods couldn't find a similar topic hence starting a thread. Please merge if anything like this exists

Maruti Suzuki says not to idle before starting but an alternate method. Screenshot:

Car Care for Maruti Suzuki Car Owners
Go to Fuel Efficiency > Read More
While most recommend idling for 30-60 secs before starting off, MSIL doesn't. Is this just to trick customers into getting more mileage or do they really mean it?
The Beat TCDi that I own has the same engine (Suzuki DDiS / Fiat MJD) but downsized, and the Owner's Manual instructs to idle for 30-60 seconds as mentioned above. What's more, it also tells to avoid driving away/revving the engine till the engine has warmed up as opposed to MSIL's method. WTH, can anyone please explain?

Thanks.
Basi idea is to not exceed 2000rpm immediately after starting so turbo gets time for lubrication.Some manufacturers ask for 30 seconds idling or not to exceed 2000rpm immediately on starting. So do not raise the engine immediately on starting to get speed for your car it only leads to wastage of diesel and it damages your turbo in the long run.

Top Bottom