There is nothing more miserable than sitting and sweating in a hot car waiting for the traffic jam to clear out. Although there is no quick fix to dealing with the heat, some of the following suggested strategies may help you to get to your destination cooler and dryer.
• Hang a wet rag over the middle vent of the car- This will help cool air to blow form it.
• Drive barefoot - This may sound wired but your body shreds a lot of heat, so driving barefoot or with flip-flops is the ideal way to help you keep cool.
• Plan your travel times to coincide with cooler parts of the day.
• Work with the traffic flow- Always chose timing that do not collide with ‘Rush Hours’. Neglecting this may cause you to be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic hardly moving along at all.
• Look for shady routes to your frequent destinations.
• Roll down the windows- This helps maintain a continuous circulation of Air in your vehicle.
• Use rollovers (newspaper or towels / shawls) or sun reflectors to block the heat.
• Avoid wearing dark clothes- The darker the clothes the more heat sucks into your shirt. Wearing a light color shirt is the perfect alternative
• Dress down- If you have a long commute to work, try to drive in short pants and a T-shirt, then change in a restroom or locker room at work. Doing this will leave you cleaner and cooler for the day ahead.
(Source: Tata Aria Blog
Mod: Though I could not find on Search, if similar thread exists, please merge with it. Thanks