Which Tyres For My Honda City?

Thread Starter #1
Fellow TAI Members,
i just came back from a long week end trip with two of my tubeless tyres get busted.

i wonder how two front tyres got damaged one after another due to stones. but its all my bad luck i guess,

first one went off during a heavy rain and i hit a poth hole in pitch dark. and the second one went off during a drive next day through Someshwara wildlife sanctuary, Thank god that its not filled with wild animals.

Now am searching for two tyres for my City, please suggest me whether to go for Michelin or Bridgestone for 2 new tyres or stick to stock MRF zvtv as other three tyres are MRF.

Attachments

Re: Which Tyre for my City

You cannot put two new tyres from a different company having different tread pattern and have old tyres on your car. Either go for 4 new set of tyres or stick to the original MRF ZVTV. Putting different tyre patterns and brands in different wheels lead to uneven tyre wear followed by failure. Hence for safety keep all the tyres same.

Thread Starter #4

Gandhi,

The stock tyres had done just 14 K only, and the threads are in good shape. am little confused to change all 5 tyres where as 3 tyres are in good condition.

Adding few more pic of the busted tyres.

Attachments

You can go ahead and change the 2 tyres. Not necessary to replace all the 5. From my experience Bridgestone tyres are good. They are better than MRF in terms of road noise and ride comfort.

Different thread patterns do not matter IMHO. But it will be better to fix the new tyres on the front. Please do check the rims for any damage.

BTW, I am curious to know more about your trip, Someshwara wildlife sanctuary in particular.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

Hi HR,

Just back from the trip, Will create a separate travelogue and upload the pic's there.
Someshwara wild life sanctuary was good, but i haven't saw any wild life on my way through out the trip, even inside Badra wildlife sanctuary en route to Chickmangalore from Sringeri was also dry with wildlife. I saw a deviation to Muthudi area near Chickmangalore, but due to bad Tyre on my left front and busted spare on my boot, i don't want to take much chance with wife & kid.

Last edited:

Bad luck! I recommend you to change at least all the four active tires and upsize may be? Try Michelin Primacy 3ST, I have heard that they are very silent and offer good ride quality but have softer sidewalls, you may chose Michelin XM2 as well... And this is a chance, you can upsize to 195/60 tires! [:)]

Thread Starter #8

Gave my Car for 15K service at Dakshin Honda and ask them to replace the tyres with Bridge stone tyres for Front. Total cost including service charges is estimated as 13,000 RS.

Thread Starter #10
Just got the car back from service center. They added Bridgestone B290 for front. cost 10400 + 500 (for installation).

As HR said, it was better to get 2 new tires fixed from an outside tire shop as you like and also you could have visit an MRF tire shop with the bad tire and claim it.

Thread Starter #12
Its more than 2 years, so i think we cant claim anything from MRF. also now i felt that i should have done the tyre change from outside [frustration] as they charged 500 Extra apart from Tyre cost as fitment charges.

Top Bottom