Upgrading Car Headlight Brightness without Relay?

Thread Starter #1
Hello am once again with a new thing, how to Improve Headlight brightness without using RELAY...can i accomplish it by replacing the bulb with a new bulb which giving more brightness.? Then what bulb i need to buy.? is the circuit wire replacement is mandatory to avoid burning out.?

HID lights are the same thing as Xenon lights. They require a ballast to operate which means extra wiring.

You can try replacing with better bulbs such as Philips Xtremevision or Osram Night breaker Unlimited. No extra wiring needed.

Also, does your car have crystal headlamp lenses? If not, you might want to replace the housings with crystal ones from a newer esteem, it makes a huge difference!

Thread Starter #8
Viru....im addicted to Philips Xtremevision and Osram Night breaker Unlimited... can i get those bulbs with 35W or less coz my battery is a Amaron 35w.

Those are not crystal lenses. I strongly recommend replacing with crystal ones from the newer esteem.

You must put 55/60W lamps for sufficient brightness! But don't worry about that because even the standard bulbs you have now are probably 55/60W.

Thread Starter #10
ya viru, i'm checked it.. the current headlights are PHOENIX 55/60W BULBS(cheaper). after heard about the Philips Xtremevision and Osram Night breaker Unlimited, i contacted to the nearest automobile shop and they said that it require RELAY ckt, otherwise your car electronics may malfanctioned. Is it true.?

That is not true. If the bulbs they are selling you are also 55/60W and genuine, you will not require a relay or any extra wiring.

Akhil@

I am using Osaram night breaker plus(55W/60W) in my esteem without relay for the past 2 years. Since it has the stock specification do not need relay. It has really better output than the stock bulbs.There is no issue till now even after continues headlight usage of more than 3-4 hours . You only need to do replace the bulbs. It cost almost rs.1150.
But cheaper and better option for you is to go for 90-100w bulbs with relay. I had same set up earlier on my M800. This not gone strain your battery much and since it is a new battery you dont need to worry about it.

Thread Starter #15
ty reelesh for sharing your experience. i think the price of Osaram night breaker unlimited nearly 1600/-. so i may go to Osaram night breaker plus

when i contacted to the nearest car electrical shop,90-100w bulbs with relay cost become 1500 including employee service charge.

which one is good for me.?

Last edited:

Top Bottom