Puddle of Water Underneath Carpet in Front Footwells

Thread Starter #1
Hi
I am in serious need of help from you guys for fixing my Sail UVa .

Yesterday when I went to pickup my sail UVa luckily I happen to look under the carpet at the front driver and passenger foot space. there was a huge puddle of water. given that i have installed water resistant floor mats throughout the entire car, I dont know how water got there in the first space. IT has been raining for a while in my place but my car was in service center only for the entire week for some bodywork. But they claim that they have left all the windows and doors shut and never drove them in water filled potholes.

Please suggest what is wrong with the car?

since i saw a lot of wires and tubes below the carpet, i am now very concerned and dont know how the water flooded inside and whether will it affect anything other than the floor .ie. like the ECM .

Honestly speaking there are very few or no replies I get from the forum admin and mods whenever i put up a technical question ..[confused]

but please!!! help!!!

Re: Help-Puddle of water underneath carpet at driver and front passenger seat foot sp

Sorry to hear about the issue.

There can be a couple of reasons that attribute to water accumulation near driver and co-driver floor region. The first one could be a leaking/popped out/clogged AC pipe as a result of which the water might be dripping into the car instead of outside.

Another cause could be worn out (which I am assuming shouldnt be the case since it is a new car) could be the front wheel cladding or a bad welding job in the wheel wells that might be the culprit here. The next probable culprit could be the water drain channel which terminates near the lower windshield area (I am not sure where the UVA drain is). It it is clogged the water might seep it!

Check the above 3 and let us know. Also check if the rubber beading for door is in a healthy condition.

I had almost same situation when I got my new car Hyundai fluidic verna. One day I found a bottle laying at the back and it has little less water like 50ml or so and as it has a soft floor carpet type (stock) I felt it was completely wet as I saw water in my hand when I was pressing it. I was not sure if the bottle was falling water or not but as I couldn’t remove the stock mat I use vacuum cleaner in sucking mode to take our the water. I checked Underneath the car drain plug and removing them and insert my finger and it was completely dry, probably the soft think mat/carpet soak all. But with the vacuum cleaner I took out at least one liter water, it was going and going and taking water out.

After a long time it dried but still I dont know the cause of it.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Help-Puddle of water underneath carpet at driver and front passenger seat foot sp

Sorry to hear about the issue.

There can be a couple of reasons that attribute to water accumulation near driver and co-driver floor region. The first one could be a leaking/popped out/clogged AC pipe as a result of which the water might be dripping into the car instead of outside.

Another cause could be worn out (which I am assuming shouldnt be the case since it is a new car) could be the front wheel cladding or a bad welding job in the wheel wells that might be the culprit here. The next probable culprit could be the water drain channel which terminates near the lower windshield area (I am not sure where the UVA drain is). If it is clogged the water might seep it!
Check the above 3 and let us know. Also check if the rubber beading for door is in a healthy condition.
After my delivery, I took the car for a test drive and now it is extra slow (dont know if there is puddle of water inside again). I asked the service rep and they said they didnt keep the record in their computer for the service done (??) and they couldnt generate a bill for the service done ([clap]). Now i am becoming mad and got extra tensed since they gave me a bill dated 22/8/14 which i have to sign on 27/8/14. As i was rushing for my cousins betrothal and everybody at home were waiting for me, I signed it and noticed i could claim the service bill later and left.

Now they never mentioned what happened with the car during and after service, I now hear the entire car is rattling like an age old auto from the dashboard to the rear HB door..i couldnt bear it ..even the seatbelt warning light disappeared..so took it back to ARAS motors Assistant GM (Mr. Balachandar) who agreed to take special care of it (i really think positive about it) and asked me to bring the car in again for service which i agreed (have to) since i couldnt bear my car being insulted/abused at the hands of mechanics at the ARAS dealers service center.

Today, after 30 min discussion with the service rep who refused to comment on any of this i understood there is something common within the ARAS team.

I will await for the results after the second service and will post more of the abuse i am facing at the Dealer service center.[frustration]for being their "customer" and my trust in GM cars?

Are you sure that the pool of water is not from a leak in any of the seals? If there a gap you cant find, one way to find any leaks is to use one of those smoke machines inside the car. .. you the , the one used in movies. Fill the car with thick smoke and it will start coming out of wherever there is a leak. I saw this technique on a TV show.

If, however, you has a problem with the A.S.S, you have already seen their mentality, move on. Find a good trusted mechanic and only have him touch your car. Get whatever mechanical needs fixing fixed and move on.

And thanks for the warning regarding the A.S.S

Ameyam

Top Bottom