Suspension Overhaul

Thread Starter #1
I have a 2005 model Honda city Idsi engine and its mileage is 77K. Front struts and rear shocks giving me bumpy, noisy drive. I did replaced few rubber parts at the front and I am now OK with it and rear badly needs a replacement.

Can you advise where and which brand I can do the replacement ? , Since it s going to be a replacement I would like to go for non Honda and economic one.

But,Sir,I strongly advise you to go to another Honda A.S.S.Please go to Hi-tech motors,Reddy street.They do a great job and the place is clean.You can go and tell them your problem and they will find yours and some unknown problems too sir.You can ask them about this.I havn't heard of a Brand making Suspension for cars !! Thank you

Thread Starter #5
No not yet, though if I can get some info on online purchase and fixing it in a local garage

Does riding the car in unpredicted bumps ocassionally may be 1 in 2000 km , damage suspension.
As i recently rode up in a bump ,which i didn't see.( At a speed of 40-60 in Swift)
[cry]

Last edited:
I hit a triple speed breaker (small ones but not rumblers) at 90 or so. The breakers were just put in over a weekend and were unmarked. I was speeding to makeup time and was looking a lot further down the road, so didnt notice them

I think doing it once or twice shouldnt matter. But if you have any discomfort, have a good mechanic look at them. Mostly mechanics suggest to run suspensions as is, even if they need minor work. Once you open up the suspension, there will be some expenditure incured in any case. My old Wagon R was running like that for 8-9 months

Ameyam

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Even my verna(fully loaded) went to a big pothole at 80kmph which led to rim damage , had to replace it but still now no noise or any discomfort. so yes the suspension system is much stronger than we think.

In swift rear suspension set up is torsion beam.
I found a black plastic portion(cylindrical shape) about 5 cm in height.
I found it via looking via the rear tyres,will post the snaps.
It was slightly shaky.Is it normal.

Top Bottom