Electrical Malfunctioning in Hyundai Verna

Thread Starter #1
Serious issue:

Hi all,

Since last one month I was noticing the front roof light isn’t working properly, like the switch is malfunctioned, it doesn’t turn on the light when opening the door, neither the switch work on full mode. Also by pressing those light sometime it on sometime not. I thought I will get this fixed on 2nd servicing as its not a major part. And my 2nd servicing is on October.

But yesterday when I take out the car, the HU has no power at all. If I turn on the key and if the HU is off it still shows blue light with time, but now it has no power, I tried many time by turning off and on again the key but nothing worked. When I back I check the fuse, but all were fine. I check the audio 20amp fuse specifically.

Can anyone suggest something?

Also when driving at 1st I noticed the head light wasn’t turning on but after few on an off it started working. I am loosing faith on this car’s reliability, its still didn’t cover a year.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna VTVT SX (O) 2 Years and 30,000 Kms

You don't drive the car much , is the car getting started in the first try ? Many members face the problem of rats cutting the wires , can happen to your car as well. If not the fuse , wires can be the problem. Get it checked.

Re: Updated Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX CRDi 2013 - My White Viper!

Serious issue:

Hi all,

Since last one month I was noticing the front roof light isn’t working properly, like the switch is malfunctioned, it doesn’t turn on the light when opening the door, neither the switch work on full mode. Also by pressing those light sometime it on sometime not. I thought I will get this fixed on 2nd servicing as its not a major part. And my 2nd servicing is on October.

But yesterday when I take out the car, the HU has no power at all. If I turn on the key and if the HU is off it still shows blue light with time, but now it has no power, I tried many time by turning off and on again the key but nothing worked. When I back I check the fuse, but all were fine. I check the audio 20amp fuse specifically.

Can anyone suggest something?

Also when driving at 1st I noticed the head light wasn’t turning on but after few on an off it started working. I am loosing faith on this car’s reliability, its still didn’t cover a year.

Soumen,

I never had any issue with my car's electrical. I would suggest to drive you car more often. The reason could be moisture build up in your HU or rats could have played the havoc
Take it to ASS immedietly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #4
Re: Updated Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX CRDi 2013 - My White Viper!

Soumen,

I never had any issue with my car's electrical. I would suggest to drive you car more often. The reason could be moisture build up in ur HU or rats could have played the havoc
Take it to ASS immedietly.
Couldnt be a rat issue as there is no rats is the garage and no way rat could get in there. I dont drive the car frequently but I keep it start and idle atleast for 15mins every week.

Yes it could be moisture issue. I will check it carefully by opening the hood and inspect wires. I think the power supply stopped to the HU. as all other electrical working fine, also the console lights of the HU working fine.

Concerned thing is just 2-3 days back it was working fine.

I was asking if any reset buttons for the HU or another power switch for that if anyone know. Yes I will take it to service center this week.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Don't keep it idle. Take the car for a round, if it's moisture issue then it will be gone after that round :p

Don't know about reset.

Thread Starter #6

Don't keep it idle. Take the car for a round, if it's moisture issue then it will be gone after that round :p

Don't know about reset.
I noticed it yesterday evening and then checked the fused and other quickly as i had no time. Just went to the car and inspect carefully. I dont think its a moisture issue as all the electrical like fuse connectors metal parts all where clean like new. wirings are also clean like new, no moisture. But earlier I noticed fungus like things on the seats mostly.

About the top front light malfunction, i noticed dust like thing on the light glass from outside, thats surely looks like rusts particles.

One thing i noticed when i changed the audio fuse to another backup one (20amp) it flashed but then no sigh of blown fuse when i inspect. Dont know if the fuse is the issue. I will check carefully again before going to Service center.

The concerned thing is we have another xuv500 which stays in a same like garage like the verna has on a separate place, with no ventilation and it also runs less but not less like my verna but so far it has no issues like this at all. Its around 6month or a year older than the verna.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Checked the roof lamp, it was easy to open by just two screw and saw all switches were rusted, that it why it wasnt working properly. and it wasnt due to moisture looks like it was rusted from the start as from the start the center switch was not smooth like the center roof light. I think it was rusted and the rust grown by time.

But couldnt check the audio set, try to move its rear plugs from behind but didnt work.

Called the service center and will take it this week.

Thread Starter #11
As an update:
This Saturday took the car at service center for the Audio system and roof lamp malfunction issue.

# The front roof lamp appeared rusting in all switches and metal parts and also one faulty bulb. The didn’t replace the whole unit but cleaned and replaced the bulb. The switch was hard from the start than the center roof light. And my guess it increases by time. Anyway this was corrected.

# The Audio system itself appeared faulty and they took it for replacement. They tested with another HU from a new car and it was working fine, no power issue. And said the replacement will come within 15 days.

Top Bottom