Aircon Not Working

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

ok, this is a weird issue. Two times last week and a atleast a couple of times previously, the aircon in my car didnt work and then began to work on its own. Each time, from being parked, the aircon didnt work when I started the commute, just air was being circulated. When I pressed the aircon button, the engine would get loaded and the green light would come on but there was no cooling. I tried, all switch positions and all options, even switched off and on the car a couple of times but it didnt cool. Then, since I was in my office commute, I decided decided to let it be and kept only the blower on. After some time, once I reached the highway and went past 50-60kmph, I pushed the button again and there was immediate cooling. Can anyone tell me whats going on? My car is a Wagon R 2008 VXI preowned

Ameyam

Hi,

When I pressed the aircon button, the engine would get loaded and the green light would come on but there was no cooling.

After some time, once I reached the highway and went past 50-60kmph, I pushed the button again and there was immediate cooling.

Ameyam
I had a similar issue with my old 800.
The problem was, MASS filling the wrong AC gas! actually they did a top-up and mixed the gas (my car had old CFC type gas). so the AC would work for some time (engine will get load) then cooling would stop. After some time if we switch on the AC button it will again cool, then stop
Sometimes no cooling at all.

So when i took it to a friend's garage, he emptied the AC gas, and re-filled with new type (non-CFC) and voila, the cooling was back with renewed vigor.
And to top it all my car started returning awesome FE (28 with AC Highway) + the engine load was minimum.
That was one service which left me happy for a loooong time![:D]

Thread Starter #5
Already checked that. Otherwsie I would have a overheating problem na
The AC technician asked me to check in the radiator has water. Doesnt make too much sense- doesnt the coolant get pumped into the radiator? If so, with more than sufficient coolant in there, the radiator should have sufficient water na..

Thread Starter #7
Doesnt explain how it worked today and rest of the days. Even when I took the car to the technician it was cooling fine. I am not used to how strongly a Wagon R air con cools when at full capacity but the cooling I am otherwise getting is not too bad for daily commute

The real issue is that once in a while it doesnt cool till I am doing decent speed

Ameyam

Top Bottom