Getting Mileage of 15 Kpl on Tata Indica Vista TDi (2010 Model)?

Thread Starter #1
bought vista tdi 2010 model before 6 months and i m facing low mileage of 12 with ac on highway and 15 without ac on highway during 270km traveling all filters r in good condition odo clocked 63500 i also notice some more issues as below

1.engine friction (can we fix it with engine flush didnt flush before)
2.if i press the clutch while the car start in neutral some extra noise in cabin disappears and when i release the clutch the noise comes again maybe (clutch release baring is faulty and can it effect on mileage)
3.lower pickup with 5 passengers there is no black smoke
4.while going over the speed breakers some kind of big noise comes may be suspension is clueprint
5.clutch is also hard. releasing the clutch in bumper to bumper traffic gives me lots of pain in my foot
6.hard steering.as i can see there is no movement in steering oil which car is start a mechanic told me that steering pump is faulty ?

mainly i want to sort out mileage issue because other things can be ratified easily please help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Why am I getting mileage of 15 on Tata Indica Vista tdi 2010 model?

I think the mileage you are getting is pretty low. Check the air filters, you can de-carbonize the engine (if not done earlier). Also driving at sedate speeds gives you better mileage. I had driven Indigo TDI with 80000 km on odo and achieved mileage of 18-19 kmpl on highways.

• Check clutch plate
  • Change air filter / or clean if its recently changed
  • Throttle body cleaning
  • Always check tyre air pressure
  • Wheel alignment and rotation if not done

Thread Starter #4

• Check clutch plate
  • Change air filter / or clean if its recently changed
  • Throttle body cleaning
  • Always check tyre air pressure
  • Wheel alignment and rotation if not done
1.didn't find any symptoms of damage clutch plates
2.air filters a changed before 3000 km/and cleaned before 2days ago
3.throttle body didnt cleaned but i notice during the car ac service when the disconnect inter cooler i saw there some kind of black oil [frustration] in inter cooler black pipes is it ok
4.rotation is done but alignment still pending
5.as hydrological power steering pump not working in my car can it reduce fuel economy ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
i saw a vista tdi which is used as a taxi and driver said he is getting 23kmpl[surprise] on highway his odo is above 2lakh and engine is also over hauled [frustration]

Thread Starter #8
last day i drive the car 60km at the speed of 60-70 with 50% ac i notice that car is giving good response and giving milling near 20-21kmpl [surprise]
and suddenly power steering which is hard suddenly start working normal [frustration] and after 60km drive i stop the car at signal but there is no drop in rpm in neutral there car shows 1000rpm there
about average i am confuse that this is the factor of speed or power steering which have faulty pump and suddenly working like EPS[confused]

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom