Unusual Problem with My Wagon-R

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

This is to share one of the problem i faced with my car Wagon R and how it is solved.

Almost an year back i started facing a problem with my car that it get off while applying the clutch for changing gear. I am not an excellent driver but good with my car for almost four years. The problem started like all the alert on my odo suddenly blink and car engine is off. You have to start the engine and it will with out any delay

Initially i neglect as i though it may be a tuning problem. So during my service of 25,000 , i take it to MASS and told them the issue. The said they will clear it. When take my car from delivery , the report from them was every thing is solved ( All SE from maruti will say the same answer for all your queries...[:D] )

There was no problem for initial 200KM and after that same thing started. There are some cases even one or two indication on my car ( fuel pump or battery ) start showing after that car engine if off. But advantage is you can start the engine immediately and there will not be any issue for some time.

This give problem to my wife as she feel difficult in driving in traffic. I have shown this to MASS at two different places and also to other experts in the city , but none of them can solve the issue.

Finally one of my friend ( he is a service person for heavy vehicles ) suggest that it may be some sensor issue and suggest me to take to the MASS and inform your problem. Last month , i take that to Indus Motors at Trivandrum ( MASS ) and talk to them about my issue. They scan my vehicle using some device in front of me and after that take it inside the service station. I waited there for two hours and after they give the vehicle back and told me that issue is solve. I though it is the usual answer and anyway i enquired the SE about the reason for the problem.
He said there is some mould formed on the positive lead of the connection going to sensor. So when voltage increases on that lead , it will shut the engine. The clear that mould and rectified the issue.

Any after that i am not facing any similar problem. I drive the car for more that 400KM and no problem.

Thanks to MASS ( INDUS MOTORS )....[:)]

it's the knock sensor
it's used to sense engine overload in low rpm, so sensor sends knock signals to ecu and ecu will increase fuel pressure so engine rpm will rise and knock will be rectified,
if sensor have issues, ecu does not know knocks and will halt in low rpms,
if some kind of thing is formed in.sensor so it does not work properly then reason may be from some other parts,
may be future this may happen again,
rectify the root cause,
you just rectified the symptom,
thank you

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Stingray91 for the update.

Let me check with service engineer. Actually i am planning to give for the 40K service on this friday. Let me talk to him and i will update you

2010 wagon r has knock sensor, i owned one!
be sure before posting,
if you want i can snapshot service manual and send you.

Thread Starter #10
The MASS engineers say there is no issue with the car. I told them to check the following items in addition to general checkup

1. Battery - i am using an Amaron about an year now still show no problem.

2. Breaks - As i have a problem with brakes as the brake fluid is getting emptied in a short peroid of time.

3. Install additional Fog Lamps - LXI version of Wagon R does not comes with a fog lamp

Will update you with the details after getting the car serviced

I think my car problem resolution may help you. I faced related problem last days. Car engine stops during down shifting of gear and RPM becomes low very frequently.
Dear all above is not due to Throttle / injector line / spark you,plugs or Fuel filter / fuel pump if your car was normal in working for previous days.
Just arrange check your car from outside SE (not in maruti W/s). An Engine sensor became faulty during washing of your car. Few sensors require reloading of S/w which can be done by outside W/s as Car is not a rocket science in these days and so many mechanics have good knowledge than the authorised W/s engineers especially if you live in a small town.
thank you,

Top Bottom