Honda City Clutch Replacement

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,
I just wanted to share my experience on replacing Honda City 2005 iDsi Clutch assy. Mine had ran for >70 K and maintained at authorized dealer as per maintenance schedule. After every service maintenance, I enjoy smooth drive. In recent such maintenance, spark plugs, engine oil, Clutch bleeding and many more items/service were changed/done costing 8k, which resulted in very smooth drive and within 1500 engine RPM I was able to reach 65KPH. But after 2 months, I started experiencing issues in gear shifting, gear was sticking and resisting to shift. Somehow I managed to bring the vehicle home. And the next fine morning it completely stopped working. I remembered the service person advise during the last service delivery as Clutch is weak. So I started looking into web/forums/blogs for clutch issues and solutions. It worked for me and I found Brake/Clutch oil levels were low. However my calls to authorized dealer ended with clutch assy to be replaced with an estimate of 25K.
Since it is going to be a replacement service I thought of looking alternative workshops but only if original spare parts replacement available. I found one nearby and got the estimate of the below parts
1. Clutch assy - 10K
2. Labour - 2.5K
3. Consumables / oils - 1K
4. Optional Fly wheel, master/slave cylinder replacement extra.
I was happy by looking into the estimate and enquired about the original parts, for which the dealer explained all the parts are OEM but without Honda packing. As its going to be mechanical parts, I gave the vehicle for replacement.
During the work of replacement of clutch assy, Fly wheel was also identified to be replaced due to worn out condition. Master/Slave cylinders were also added to the list for replacement. I was also experiencing issue with all the stock suspension, so few front strut parts were also considered to be replaced. Unfortunately the 4th items listed above contributed to double the estimated cost, Fly wheel costing 9k. Final billing was > 30 K. Clutch assy was OEM (Automotive products ) but not sure about the fly wheel and other parts replaced.
Below pic for you , the top one is the new Fly wheel, on the left its the new Clutch assy and the right the old one, bearing in the cover and the master/slave cylinders.
[:)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Hi joni_rajpura,

Couple of time I was unable to change the gear, I noticed that I had to press the clutch pedal to the maximum limit to change the gears. And as I said earlier one fine morning it stopped totally.

From what you have said it seems the problem was with the clutch hydraulics and your clutch plate pressure plate did not need to be replaced.

Thread Starter #5
Could be, with my knowledge and exploration I found Brake/Clutch oil levels were low but his did not help me to zero in on the Hydraulics alone. Also Honda Authorized service advisor had already suggested that that Clutch needs replacement and since the car also crossed 75K I did a replacement.

Top Bottom