Automatic Climate Control

Thread Starter #1
Can somebody please confirm that if outside temperature is less than the set temperature in automatic climate control, the blower start throwing hot air?

I had never faced/tested this, but recently I had a set temperature of 23 and outside temperature went down to 22, and the blower started heating the car.

Shouldn’t this be working as per the cabin temperature? I ran the AC for a little to check if it was warming up and later would change giving cold air, but that didn’t happen.

I took it to service guys and they said it’s normal and makes all the sense. Tested it on the TD vehicle and was the same behavior. But still something seems wrong. :/

Yes. It is working exactly how it should be. If the set temperature inside the cabin is higher than outside, it starts heating and thereby maintaing the required temperature. :)

Last edited:
It should work as per inside temperature. For example, if outside is 25 degrees, inside is 28 degrees and you select 26 degrees, it should start cooling instead of heating.

It is possible that the temperature in the car had dropped naturally, or that the sensor is located in a way that it is susceptible to outside temperature.

Also, the Climate Control will usually not switch between AC and Heater rapidly, because this can waste energy and is usually unnecessary as well.

Top Bottom