Hi help me find the problem!!
I bought a new Tata indigo ecs. I took a delivery at 7pm on 18/07/14. The clutch plate worn out in a mere 30mn from the delivery hard about 3Km. The mileage at the time of delivery was 47Km. My dealer is complaining of
1. Driving with Handbreaks on.
2. Driving with half clutch
My driver has 8+years experience. He is well aware of all these things.
I browsed all the possible causes of this over net.
1. Hand Breaks: I am pretty sure that hand breaks were released completely. B’coz I have myself checked it once.
a. The only option is that the hand break is faulty.
b. Even with the hand breaks on it could take at least several days for clutch plate to burn out.
2. Half clutch : This could really wear out the clutch plate rapidly.
a. But is 3Km/30mn with top speed of 3 km in silk board traffic sufficient time to wear out?
b. In 3Km tour, He might have changed the gear at least 200 times. How probable is that he has used the half clutch in all 200 gear shifts?
Here is a bit of justification that my driver is not the culprit.
As per the advices by various experts on Car :
1. When a clutch is worn out the gear shifts are not smoother.
a. From the moment he took off from the showroom he had problem shifting
gears. I have at least asked 10times in the very first 100mtrs.
2. The pickup drops significantly.
a. Yes the pickup was very damp from the moment he took off.
Please help me find the real cause.