Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme Handle Bar Shaking

Thread Starter #1
details: cbz xtreme 2009, 37000kms,

off late may be for the last 1 months, i'm facing handle bar shaking problem in my cbz xtreme. the tyres are stock dunlop geo cursier.

when i leave the handle bar, the handle bar starts to shake a lot. i have to hold it very tight to avoid shaking also the bike is really unstable post speed of 50. when i ride over speed breaker or uneven road surfaces. the wobbling more.

i have checked the rear wheel on the move, there is a bit of wobble. only slight. does it cause the handle bar to shake?

there is a bit of bend in handle bar. but this has been there for a long time nearly for 2 to 3 years. but this thing has started only a few days back.

Re: cbz xtreme handle bar shake

Any / all of the below could contribute wobbling,
- Bent alloys
- Worn out wheel bearings
- Worn out tyres (you said those are stock tyres with 37k on odo)

Pravin@

You should check the front wheel not the rear wheel. I guess it is alloy wheel version and alloy has no issues.

What is the front tire condition now? Did you had any puncture in last couple of months?
Check out the front tire fitment,may be the tire inner edges may be not properly fixed.

or the issue may be because of the front wheel bearing or the front forks, in which one may be bend due to the hit/accident.

Thread Starter #6
thank you guys. i have narrowed down the issue this occurs only above 70. at 60 there is no vibration or wobbling. once i touch 70. the wobbling starts. checked t cone, handle bar, alloy there is no bend.

the mechanic pointed to a bent forks. but forks can be bent without a accident?

Thread Starter #7
update on the fix. the front wheel has a bend at two point. the mechanic suggested a new alloy. when i enquired the cost, it is a whopping 5400 rupees. but a famouse alloy turning shop said it would cost 700 to fix the alloy back to shape and he says it can run fine if i don't hit any pot hole or bumps. he even gives guarantee for 4 months.

gurus pour in your comments. new alloy or machining the existing alloy wheel?

Alloy wheel has bent that too without any accident? Quality issues i think.

You have 3 options

1. low cost option- You can repair it as you mentioned. BTW how they doing it? Does it have any after affects?

2. Check out for a used one and you can exchange your alloy.

3. Go for new one

Thread Starter #9
according to the alloy shop owner, the alloys are not rigid as spoke wheel. a alloy can bend when you a hit a deep hole at a speed of 40 or above. there were hunderds of bikes which were waiting for alloy bend fix. he says the alloys are not good as spoke in taking abuse.

they put the alloy in a turning machine which is connected to a computer. the computer detects the place of deformation on the alloy surface. they have alloy ratings. they compare it with the bent area and fix it. the deformed areas are marked with a marker.

after that he alloy is placed on machine, the machine is operated with the help of switch. the machine rotates the alloy and stops it near the bent area, then a stack of weights press the alloy and after powder( not sure about the powder) coating is done.

the guarantee 90% perfection even in case of worst bent alloys.

@pravin1987 Where is that alloy shop located in chennai? So that others can make use of it for their bented alloys.

Cbz xtrreme

hi im facing a handle bar wobbling issue in my xtreme. i clocker 25000 km and the bike is 2 years old. still running on the mrf stock tyres. the thing is my mechanic checked everything. forks, cone set bearing, tyres, shocks and also the frame. everything was fine but still i face the same problem. what could be it? any suggestions???

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom