Maruti Suzuki Estilo Fog Lamp Replacement

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, have been struggling to figure this out for a few days and need some suggestions!

I have a 2012 MS Estilo which has factory-fitted fog lamps. I wanted to replace the bulbs but to do this I need to first confirm the bulb type and make sure it can be replaced.

However, when I got around to doing the deed today, I couldn't find a way to access the bulb (not without having to remove the whole front bumper)! Any ideas on how to reach it?

I would also appreciate it if anyone knows the bulb type.

Maruti Suzuki Fog Lamp replacement

i am not sure bumper need to remove for remove fog lamps in estilo.usually we can remove the fog lamp by removing the og lamp grill from under the car.
i would suggest not fiddle with fog lamp unless it has any issues. because these so called maruti fog lamps are just small lamps and using bigger bulbs doesnt increase that much output on the road. as per my experince after refixing it, water will enter when raining or washing and later it will fade.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Maruti Suzuki Fog Lamp replacement

i am not sure bumper need to remove for remove fog lamps in estilo.usually we can remove the fog lamp by removing the og lamp grill from under the car.
i would suggest not fiddle with fog lamp unless it has any issues. because these so called maruti fog lamps are just small lamps and using bigger bulbs doesnt increase that much output on the road. as per my experince after refixing it, water will enter when raining or washing and later it will fade.
I will try from under the car today and post an update here.

I wasn't intending on uprating the bulb, but replacing with an identical bulb since one of mine seems to be on its last legs.

I didn't know there was a risk of leaks if I opened it, thanks for the warning!

Check out the manual. Its mentioned there how to remove the bulb.
I can't seem to find anything about fog lamp replacement in the manual, can you please point me to which page it is on?

If this is in the manual of another vehicle please tell me which one so I can download it.

Thread Starter #5
Hi guys! Just coming back with an update, sorry it took so long but I got some car parts in the mail and was distracted by them [:D]

Tried reaching from under the vehicle and I can feel the wire, connectors and back of the housing but I can't seem to figure out how to get the bulb out. Any suggestions?

Ps. Space is extremely restricted because of various underside protection panels.

Thread Starter #6
Update: I had some spare time (and determination) today so decided to give it another go.

After removing a few protective panels and undoing a few bolts, I managed to get proper access to the fog lamp assembly!

It is just a regular semi-sealed beam unit similar to headlight, and holds an H3 bulb.

Thanks Reelesh and Prakritij for the help!

Thread Starter #8
I will try to post soon. I'm not at home for a few days (had some work) and although I have the car with me I may not have the time until I get back!

Thread Starter #10
So sorry for the delay, but the weather change was battling with my immune system for the past days.

Anyways, today I got underneath the car with a screwdriver and camera. I also got so much dirt in my face I regretted not having ever cleaned underneath my car!

There's three screws to be removed, as shown:
P1111218.JPG

Close-up of screw 2
P1111219.JPG

Opening these screws will allow a small protective plastic panel to be removed:
P1111221.JPG

Now you will have access (slightly restricted) to the fog lamp housing from the rear.

View from underneath:
P1111223.JPG

Sealing rubber:
P1111224.JPG

This sealing rubber is easy to remove and put back later. Keep in mind that this does not fully detach, but only comes off the main housing.

Behind this rubber is the mechanism for removing the bulb itself, I could not take a picture because it was hard to fit the camera at a suitable angle, but it is the exact same locking wire mechanism used for the headlight bulbs.

Also, beware that these are H3 bulbs, so both wires (+ve and -ve) have to be disconnected individually and are not at the base of the bulb, but connected to a ~5 cm. wire leading away from the base.

Congrats Viru.

Estilo fog lamp is very different than the Swift or my Esteem fog lamp. In my esteem(06model) its rear side also covered with cup shape metal and it is screwed to a grill. We need to screw the 4 edges of grill to the bumper. MY stockfog lamp grill was made up of rubber and it was flexible also the fog lamp back side cover was made up of plastic. But the one i bought from MGP has metal cover for the fog lamp and had metal grill.

Thread Starter #13
Very good installation guide for Estilo Users.
Thanks!

Congrats Viru.

Estilo fog lamp is very different than the Swift or my Esteem fog lamp. In my esteem(06model) its rear side also covered with cup shape metal and it is screwed to a grill. We need to screw the 4 edges of grill to the bumper. MY stockfog lamp grill was made up of rubber and it was flexible also the fog lamp back side cover was made up of plastic. But the one i bought from MGP has metal cover for the fog lamp and had metal grill.
That's interesting! Maybe Maruti started using the current type of foglamps to avoid the type of issues you had to deal with. By the ways, does your Esteem also take the same H3 bulbs?

Top Bottom