My Maruti 800 Restoration Project

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I love to work with cars and my interest in cars paved way for this restoration projects. As an Initial project i have chosen to work with Maruti 800, as this will be ok with my budget. Friends, I need your help for this restoration. Kindly help me guiding on the ways to complete it. Will post on pics soon.

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

Guys,

As soon as i bought the car, I removed the rear cum co-driver seats, as i would feel free to work with. But i was a bit shocked when i noticed a rusted floor with holes in it. here is the photo of it for you ppl.

IMG_2343.JPG

Thus i have planned to fix it first. Any ideas of how could it be completed. ?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Restoration project on Maruti 800

First of all congrats to your purchase [clap]

first of all check rest of the car rust may be worst in this

see cross member, battery tray and passenger side rear wheel for more rust
after that visit tinkerer

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Re: My Restoration project on Maruti 800

First of all congrats to your purchase [clap]

first of all check rest of the car rust may be worst in this

see cross member, battery tray and passenger side rear wheel for more rust
after that visit tinkerer
Well thanks for your reply,

I too was shocked when i first noticed these rusts. But God's Grace thecross member, battery tray and passenger side rear wheel are ok. and dont need packs up's.

And as am interested in these kinda works i plan for a DIY. Could you please suggest me the ways to pack those holes and rusts.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

small holes can be fixed by body filler but for large hoses u have to visit tinkerer

or use nut bolt to attach metal plate suitable size and shape .

but they have to be very nicely and cleverly attached and finished properly

If you want to do a thorough repair job, my recommendation would be to cut out the damaged section (one large section is better than cutting many small sections) and then welding in a new piece of the same thickness and type of steel. Allow at least 3cm of overlap at the edges.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks @ramankanythia

Well this too a good idea @viru actaually the patch is on the drivers leg room so i hope it would be fine if i just remove that part and replace it with the other..

Thread Starter #7
Friends, build ed up my carb back and it is installed prop.

Was having oil leakage in distributor basement. (Will upload pics soon.) Thus got it replaced and am now facing starting problem. worked with the spark linings and am getting spark at the end of the spark adaptor checked it. but the engine is not starting up, but it is cranking nicely. dont kno where am lagging hope TDC timing s correct. Is there anyways to check the working of carburetor, Kindly guide me friends..

You might want to check the ignition and fuel systems. Fuel filter may be clogged or one of the wires for ignition may not be connected correctly.

Checking the carburetor is quite tricky, which is why one has to be 200% sure they're doing the rebuilding correctly!

Thread Starter #9
You might want to check the ignition and fuel systems. Fuel filter may be clogged or one of the wires for ignition may not be connected correctly.

Checking the carburetor is quite tricky, which is why one has to be 200% sure they're doing the rebuilding correctly!
ya actually the mechanical fuel pump is now not pumping out (might be because of the initial startup problem). But i have poured fuel in the float chamber, So that i might initially startup with the fuel in the chamber and later on if the engine runs it must push the pump and it will start working and might pour the fuel into it and continue to work. (thought this way) If something is wrong kindly do correct me.

That's a good idea! Reminds me of a similar technique where we used to spray "start-gas" onto the air filter as an emergency technique to start a rally car with a dying fuel pump!

Try replacing the fuel pump and filter.

If this doesn't help check ignition circuit.

If none of the above helps, the carburetor was probably not rebuilt correctly (no offense).

Thread Starter #13
ya, got up the thing...

Its now starting.. have misalligned the distributor and moreover the fuel pump was a mechanical one and it was not driven properly i found out the mistakes and its noe properly running ll upload the photos stating it later on...

Top Bottom