Reg. Chevrolet Beat DTE Mod

I know the procedure. Although it is simple but I am very bad when it comes to nuts, screw drivers. So I am looking out for any help in Pune who can help me to achieve the same. Secondly my car is new just 5 months old so bit afraid that I will loose my warranty. I have received a call from company today that company has to upgrade few parts free of cost named Gasoline. If I would have got out of warranty I would have certainly missed this upgrade. So decided to wait & watch.

I saw this mod on other forum. I'm planning to do it. Tried to order the micro switch in ebay. But couldn't find it. Have conveyed it with a local mechanic. Hoping to do it by next month.

Anyone tried Chevrolet beat petrol DTE mod on their cars?
You seek help interns of procedure or the physical support itself? If it is the former, there is a detailed procedure available elsewhere.

upgrade few parts free of cost named Gasoline.
Buddy, 'Gasoline' is just 'Petrol'.
Please make sure about the part replaced, reason behind the same and do keep us updated. It may help other fellow members

Thread Starter #5
Anyone tried Chevrolet beat petrol DTE mod on their cars?
You seek help interns of procedure or the physical support itself? If it is the former, there is a detailed procedure available elsewere

Actually i know the procedure, but when I checked shorting method via dummy button hole its not working with my Beat 1.2 LT O

Last edited:
I have done this in my 2010 Beat LS by shorting the two solder points (where the button is supposed to be soldered) using an insulated copper wire used for household wiring.
Here are the steps:

1. Turn on the key so that your instrument cluster lights up (Do not turn on the ignition as a safety measure.)
  2. Pry open the dummy switch using a penknife/knife.
  3. Remove the insulation of the wire from both ends and bent the wire to to equal halfs.
  4. Insert both exposed ends of the wire in to the gap created by removing the dummy switch and try shorting the two solder points by gently shaking the wire. Be patient and at some point, you will short the terminals, and voila! you will see the DTE. Do it again and again to toggle between outside temperature, average trip time and average trip speed.
Note: If you press the clock button, you will have to repeat the above procedure again. Also LS variant wont display outside temperature as the sensor is absent.

[*]Remove the insulation of the wire from both ends and bent the wire to to equal halfs.
[*]Insert both exposed ends of the wire into the gap created by removing the dummy switch and try shorting the two solder points by gently shaking the wire. Be patient and at some point, you will short the terminals, and voila! you will see the DTE. Do it again and again to toggle between outside temperature, average trip time and average trip speed.
@cyberhari, Is it just a test setup just to see once, the feature is available, using the wires?
My friend had done this mod in his Beat LT and AFAIK a new push switch need to be soldered on to the PCB, to add this feature to your dummy button. But what I am thinking is why chevrolet is not giving it on their own?. What are they saving with a mere PCB switch?. At the same time if they are giving it by default they can boast of this feature in their brochure which their competitors are lacking!.

Last edited:
I know the procedure. Although it is simple but I am very bad when it comes to nuts, screw drivers. So I am looking out for any help in Pune who can help me to achieve the same.
macsvin,

PM me, if you need helping hands [:)]
Honestly, I am extremely interested to do it in my car, but afraid at same time.[confused]

I have done this in my 2010 Beat LS by shorting the two solder points (where the button is supposed to be soldered) using an insulated copper wire used for household wiring.
Can you please post some pictures?

Thanks,
Vaibhao

Honestly, I am extremely interested to do it in my car, but afraid at same time.
Every step excluding the soldering part is easy to do. But if you haven't worked with a tiny tip soldering iron in any recently you may end up ruining the whole circuit board. It is wise to get this done by a pro (IMO It won't take more than 50-100 Rs, also the guy will have tact switches available with him which reduces the pain of buying 10 switches where you need just one) and the rest as DIY [:)].

Last edited:

Top Bottom